Best cooler for overclocking
I'm using myself this cooler: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Question-...#pid274752

And my temp went from 52-58 degrees celcius to 29 to 33 degrees celcius and it supports a lot of sockets (Even Socket 939 from AMD and even Socket 2011 from Intel)

Sponsored links

Well I got a little time to think this over I will likely get a new case since mine is atleast 10 years old. So I will be getting either the h100 or the dark knight if that is compatible with a 1150 socket thanks for all your help everyone
1155/1156 you mean? 1150 doesn't exist, but the dark knight DOES support everything between Socket 939 and Socket 2011 (So AMD and Intel) I payed about 43 euro's for it.
(06-20-2013, 07:02 PM)JohanG Wrote: Well I got a little time to think this over I will likely get a new case since mine is atleast 10 years old. So I will be getting either the h100 or the dark knight if that is compatible with a 1150 socket thanks for all your help everyone

Many people uderestimate the importance of the case and believe they are all alike. Although it is somewhat true for low end machines it is a major point when it comes to powerful machines with powerful and headhot devices (or made so like in OC).
Imagination is where we are truly real
1150 socket does exist its on the brand new cpu's from intel the i5/i7 4th gen processors and there are new motherborads like the asus z87 that supports it. Also what is the sound like on the dark knight so I know.....
(06-21-2013, 12:10 AM)JohanG Wrote: 1150 socket does exist its on the brand new cpu's from intel the i5/i7 4th gen processors and there are new motherborads like the asus z87 that supports it. Also what is the sound like on the dark knight so I know.....

indeed, 1150 is the new haswell socket. Apparently the older 1155/1156 coolers are compatible however.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

ahh thanks for pointing it out Refract haha, well I don't know then if the night hawk will fit.
well the H80 and the h100 can fit so even if that doesnt I still have other options
if those H-series will fit (I assume they're for 1155/1156??) then probably the night hawk will fit aswell eitherway I love this cooler, keep in mind though that the night hawk is quite huge (It's a tower cooler) and it works with a backplate.
but like I said before how much noise does that cooler of yours make.