Best .hack // G.U Settings?
(10-30-2015, 08:57 AM)Mkilbride Wrote: Curious if there is any way to get shadows / remove the ghosting in it? Or does the VU fix it? because I didn't notice it before switching to SuperVU, the ghosting that is. Shadows have always been gone, except in SW mode.

probably a texture cache issue if software mode fixes it and the issue is still present on all hardware mode renderers.

though props to K.F for the fast commit search !
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

@Mkilbride & @K.F

could you check whether the following build fixes the Regression issue ? https://www.dropbox.com/s/rszw62fg01q3ef...2.exe?dl=0

The issue should be fixed if it was due to an early break during the write to reg index (VF vector). if this doesn't fix it then the issue probably lies along the previous OP calculating parts.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
MicroVU is working again. Wow, the UI has changed abit with that.

Still no change to the ghosting / no shadows though, probably can't be fixed?

Also the mini-map has black lines through it. Videos have invisible vertical lines through them.  Perhaps I should activate that "Switch to SW mode for FMVs" Hack or something?
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
(10-30-2015, 01:55 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: MicroVU is working again. Wow, the UI has changed abit with that.

Thanks for testing Smile

Quote:Still no change to the ghosting / no shadows though, probably can't be fixed?

That's out of my league, sorry. Probably Gregory (or) Gabest should look into it. they are the masters when it comes to fixing GSDX issues.

Quote:Also the mini-map has black lines through it. Videos have invisible vertical lines through them. Perhaps I should activate that "Switch to SW mode for FMVs" Hack or something?

If the glitches only take place on FMV then the "Switch to SW mode for FMVs" hack should be an ideal solution.
- Refraction
Hmm. I'd guess the SW mode for FMVs is fine and all, no problems...but the ghosting issue is kinda hard to ignore.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
Have you tried half pixel offset or align sprite hacks?
Yes, I've tried Half-Pixel Off-set.

ALign Sprite...hmm, fixes Namco games, these are Namco games... - I just checked, Align Sprites. Makes no different. However, in OpenGL, the minimap has no lines, except during movement. Odd.

Also to note, out of interest, I booted up .hack // Mutation, the first series of .hack games...and no shadows in that, either.. 

************ However, switching to OpenGL, with the accurate, HW OGL Depth and Full setting thing(High end PC), Shadows show up in Mutation. Still no shadows in G.U though.  I've turned HW OGL Depth on and off, it appears with it off, no shadows, with it on, shadows.  At least that's one case of a games missing shadows fixed!  I should go change the wiki...

*** Also, enabling the "Switch to Software mode for FMVS" makes the emulator freeze upon boot.

Even more interesting is something I just checked out when monitoring my GPU. in OpenGL, the game, same settings, uses 948MB of VRAM...in DX11, it uses 1702MB of VRAM. Hmm...

Also, how important is Blending Unit, Full VS None? I don't graphically see a difference, but in XenoSaga, my FPS goes from 47 to 120.(Unlocked)
(10-31-2015, 10:34 AM)Mkilbride Wrote: Also, how important is Blending Unit, Full VS None? I don't graphically see a difference, but in XenoSaga, my FPS goes from 47 to 120.(Unlocked)

it uses shader based functions for emulating GS blending unit, it's useful for some effects. It really gives quite a hit on the FPS Tongue2
- Refraction
Ah interesting, I'ma just keep it as "None" for now then. Don't see a need to hurt my FPS so much. OpenGL seems to emulate stuff better in games though, and uses half the VRAM of DX11...so probably gonna stick with it.

Still, I wonder if the fact that both .hack original games have no shadows, and that G.U games have no shadows are related? I don't know if Namco used the same engine, maybe an upgraded one for G.U? Yet with HW OGL Depth, it gives Shadows to the originals, but not G.U
Semi-update to this, to add more to the intrigue.

So I upgraded to the latest GIT build, right?  Using the same graphical settings as I was here, with the custom build - I now have shadows in .Hack // G.U

The interesting bit of this is...I now no longer have shadows in .hack // Mutation(Original series). So...somehow I lost shadows in the first games...and gained them in the second? Haha. So weird.  

Shimmering / ghosting effect still present, but I thought I should mention this somewhere, that PCSX2 1373 (1.3.1) has given shadows to G.U and taken them from .hack // Mutation(I assume the whole series, too.)