Best overall setup for PCSX2?
Hi guys! I'm new here, and new to emulation in general. After some struggle, I managed to avoid making a thread about how to actually setup the PCSX2 emulator. Now however, I have to call upon those who are much more knowledgable than I am about this stuff.

The only games I have for the PS2 are the God of War series, Metal Gear Solid 2, FFX, and FFXII. I have successfully ripped them and created working ISOs.

My question to you all is this: how do I get them to look as pretty as possible? What settings/plugins should I be using?

My computer is a 3770K 3.5ghz quad core CPU and a GTX680 4gb GPU.

Thanks again in advance for helping this lowly noob.

Sponsored links

the default plugins should be fine, in the gsdx config try using native x3 or x4 scaling, that should make it look pretty nice. also make sure you take advantage of the MTVU speedhack, which will help a lot with game speed, more so with God of War and MGS2, the Final Fantasy games should run like a dream regardless on your PC Smile

Also, how come you are sitting on a 3770K which isn't overclocked?!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-30-2013, 10:31 PM)refraction Wrote: the default plugins should be fine, in the gsdx config try using native x3 or x4 scaling, that should make it look pretty nice. also make sure you take advantage of the MTVU speedhack, which will help a lot with game speed, more so with God of War and MGS2, the Final Fantasy games should run like a dream regardless on your PC Smile

Also, how come you are sitting on a 3770K which isn't overclocked?!

Thank you so much for the advice! And I haven't had a reason to yet! Everything runs silky smooth so I haven't seen the need to start stressing it yet!Laugh
(01-30-2013, 10:39 PM)ShinRa47 Wrote: Thank you so much for the advice! And I haven't had a reason to yet! Everything runs silky smooth so I haven't seen the need to start stressing it yet!Laugh

Instead of native x3 or x4 scaling, you can choose "custom" in the same drop down box and type in your own values. Be careful with the 6x setting as it locked up on me when I tried that one and I had to close it through task manager. MGS 2 worked for me with no hacks whatsoever (build r5492), but I need a stronger cpu as it dipped below 60fps every so often. Waiting until I upgrade to a new board and cpu so I can enjoy higher resolutions Wink
(01-31-2013, 02:36 AM)Richard Simmons Wrote: Waiting until I upgrade to a new board and cpu so I can enjoy higher resolutions Wink

a new cpu wont help you play on higher resolutions >.>

and if your pc is locking up on 6x native, then your gpu overclock isnt stable, dont blame pcsx2.