Best possible optimization settings for my build
(11-03-2013, 07:17 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: It emphasizes performance over temperature control. With C n' Q on your computer will throttle down when the temps rise.

As far as I know Cool n' Quiet drops frequency and voltage when the CPU is idle - so no disadvantages under load.

The other thing is thermal throttling - but if you hit that mark - than there is something wrong with the cooling!

Sponsored links

(11-03-2013, 07:17 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: It emphasizes performance over temperature control. With C n' Q on your computer will throttle down when the temps rise.

The main problem I seem to have is that in some instances the game runs
at a very playable frame rate, then it starts to chug
so the fact that it did run well show's it's not my PC
would it help if I posted my plugins and bios?
(11-03-2013, 07:51 PM)adamdaboss141414 Wrote: The main problem I seem to have is that in some instances the game runs
at a very playable frame rate, then it starts to chug
so the fact that it did run well show's it's not my PC

i don't get your "logic", but if you think so....

Quote:would it help if I posted my plugins and bios?
yes, and the settings, too.

cosmoruski Wrote:As far as I know Cool n' Quiet drops frequency and voltage when the CPU is idle - so no disadvantages under load.
that's what I thought when I was unexperienced too...
cosmoruski Wrote:How will that help?
I couldn't explain how it would technically help, it's just an assumption after years of experience with pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Some of my settings

more settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

why didn't you select dx11 hardware mode ?
and can you please let us see your speedhacks settings ?
(11-03-2013, 07:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that's what I thought when I was unexperienced too...

Is there any proof (in form of benchmarks or something like that) ?
(11-03-2013, 08:33 PM)cosmoruski Wrote: Is there any proof (in form of benchmarks or something like that) ?

I don't think so.
just some posts around here relating facts about users getting better results when cool n' quiet is disabled.
(11-03-2013, 08:38 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I don't think so.
just some posts around here relating facts about users getting better results when cool n' quiet is disabled.

hm... okay - but sounds to me like ***** BIOSes or something like that. Don't think that CnC is generally a problem.
AMD Cool and Quiet made my friend's build scream like a dying child.
But in regards to your 660, you shouldn't have bought that, it's overpriced and underperforms compared to the AMD 7950. Your CPU should overclock well, though. All depending on your motherboard and cooling of course. In my alternate build, with a 3570K at 4.3GHz and an AMD 6870 BE I can get near perfect 120FPS all the time, so if you get your CPU to ~4.2 you should run KH2FM just fine.

Jak 2 is a different story, I've had many an issue with the buggy textures and malfunctioning controls on Jak 3; even with multiple supposed fixes I've had problems with my DirectInput controller.
Good luck to ya. (They're selling H80's really cheap refurbished these days, one of the best closed loop coolers out there, considering it outperforms the H110, theres one on NewEgg for $50 assuming you live in the US or Canada)
i7 3770K @ 5.1GHz | Corsair Hydro H80
AMD Radeon XFX 7850 Black Edition @ 1.35GHz
8GB Crucial Ballistix 1866MHz RAM
MSI MPower Z77 ATX Motherboard
5TB Total Storage Space 2xHDD / 1xSSD
Corsair AX860i 860W Digital ATX Power Supply
I have all my speedhacks boosted to the max