Best possible optimization settings for my build
I've noticed some game breaking lag issues in the few games i've tried. but the thing is, I don't have a bad pc

CPU- amd fx 6100 (6 core) 3.3 ghz
GPU- evga gtx 660
RAM- 8gb

any help would be appreciated

Sponsored links

what games are you trying to run
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-03-2013, 04:30 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: what games are you trying to run

Kingdom hearts 2 final mix and jak 2 renegade
jak 2 probably wont get near full speed with that cpu. Kh2 though should do fine witht the mtvu speed hack and maybe the ee cyclerate and vu cycle stealing hack turned up to the first or second notch.
Jak 2 is a pretty heavy game to emulate, requires a very fast processor.

You have a more-than-adequate GPU, but your CPU isn't great for emulation. You could overclock it past 4Ghz perhaps and get some okay performance out of it, but it is Zambezi architecture which has slower single-threaded perf than even Phenom II did, and on top of that it has relatively modest clockspeed which means it simply isn't recommended for heavy games.

All you could do is
*Mess with the EE/VU sliders under speedhacks to see if you get a few extra frames
*Overclock your CPU as high as you can
*Upgrade the CPU to something else (Vishera was a pretty big improvement over Zambezi, all things considered)
I should probably rephrase my previous post. That CPU p wont run jak 2 even at 4ghz without speed hacks. My i5 4440 @3.1ghz only gets around 65-75 fps in software mode on gt3 using the recommened speedhacks and mtvu with 3 rendering threads.
(11-03-2013, 05:18 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I should probably rephrase my previous post. That CPU p wont run jak 2 even at 4ghz without speed hacks. My i5 4440 @3.1ghz only gets around 65-75 fps in software mode on gt3 using the recommened speedhacks and mtvu with 3 rendering threads.

Well, I only REALLY care about kh2fm my fps counters (I have more than 1) say i'm getting between 59.96-60 fps
but the game is chugging like hell

AAAAND I just jynxed it. right after I typed that it sped up lol.
but I need some tips for the future. That's basically what it does. runs fairly decently one minute, than completely unplayable the next
(11-03-2013, 05:21 PM)adamdaboss141414 Wrote: Well, I only REALLY care about kh2fm my fps counters (I have more than 1) say i'm getting between 59.96-60 fps
but the game is chugging like hell

AAAAND I just jynxed it. right after I typed that it sped up lol.
but I need some tips for the future. That's basically what it does. runs fairly decently one minute, than completely unplayable the next

you could think about disabling amd cool n' quiet if still enabled.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-03-2013, 05:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you could think about diabling amd cool n' quiet if still enabled.

How will that help?
It emphasizes performance over temperature control. With C n' Q on your computer will throttle down when the temps rise.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti