Best setting for me? I've tried tweaking...
Hello there,

I've just got the Emulator and I love all the features that it has, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be playing nice with my system.

I've been tweaking all the setting one by one to try and get it to work well so that there are no slow motion type lag spikes, and also no graphical glitches but none of my attempts seem to be working.

The games I have tried so far are:
- Ratchet and Clank 2 (Disc)
- SSX 3 (Disc)
- GTA San Andreas (ISO)

My computer specs are:
- Quad Core I5-3570k at up to 3.8GHz
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (looks crappy on spec, but has about 1.7gb shared ram, and does a good job with PC games such as COD MW3 and GTA 4)
- 8GB Corsair Vengeance Ram at 1600Mhz
- WD Blue 500gb HDD
- A standard OEM x16 CD & DVD Rewriter

What i'm asking is, what is my best bet to get these games to work properly, and smoothly as they should.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sponsored links

software mode with 3 rendering threads, or native res in hardware mode.
yes, it's your GPU that is holding you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for the reply, but surely if it manages to handle things like MW3 and other modern games then it can handle the 10 year old PS2 graphics? Or is it just better to have a dedicated GPU for emulation benefits?
Computer games are handled totally different than emulation.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I guess i'll just have to get me a graphics card then! Smile

Cheers guys.
Any 256 bit gpu will do. I found a 7850 for around $110 in auction from ebay. Good deals are out there to be found.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Are you sure it's the only GPU on your computer? Intel Graphics GPU doesn't usually come by themselves especially if it's a laptop.
(06-20-2013, 04:41 PM)mattyjim123 Wrote: Thanks for the reply, but surely if it manages to handle things like MW3 and other modern games then it can handle the 10 year old PS2 graphics? Or is it just better to have a dedicated GPU for emulation benefits?

Simple : MW3 isnt an emulated game.
That makes a huge difference.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go