Best settings? and .pnach problem
First off, thank you for reading this and thanks to all the developers for this wonderful program.

Here are my specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium Service pack 2
Ram: 3.00GB 32-bit operating system
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz (it barely reaches 72% when running)
AMD ATI Radeon HD 4800 series
GSdx 0.9.8 (downloaded Thursday)
default settings
Armored Core Last Raven ISO

runs at 34 fps in game and in the garage menu, I want 60, I need 50, please tell me what are the best settings for the game.

and it is unable to find my .pnach file, even with the correct path and name:
[wx] can't open file 'cheats\1f34e107.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

Sponsored links

unfortunately your cpu is too weak for pcsx2 emulation, speed hacks are your best bet here, but don't expect solid gameplay
(07-06-2012, 08:03 AM)DragonL0rd132 Wrote: First off, thank you for reading this and thanks to all the developers for this wonderful program.

Here are my specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium Service pack 2
Ram: 3.00GB 32-bit operating system
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz (it barely reaches 72% when running)
AMD ATI Radeon HD 4800 series
GSdx 0.9.8 (downloaded Thursday)
default settings
Armored Core Last Raven ISO

runs at 34 fps in game and in the garage menu, I want 60, I need 50, please tell me what are the best settings for the game.

and it is unable to find my .pnach file, even with the correct path and name:
[wx] can't open file 'cheats\1f34e107.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

Form your config .I can suggest some changes for better performance.

Everyone know's that win vista is an ram eater.If you want to improve the computer performance,you should both add ram (add to 6GB, nowadays the ram stick is cheaper compared with old day ) and buy a new hdd to install win7.Switch off virtual memory.Keep the original sys hdd unchange in case very bad experience happpened.You got a back door.
Use Readyboost to enhance sys cache to speedup your system.

After you have reconfig the computer ,you see some improvement.

It is suggest to use usb stick to run your iso .zero mechancial hdd access should inspire you.

After you have made the above changes,I guees the cpu's blood pressure should fall below 50.
Ram upgrade is always useless suggestion when it comes to increase fps in pcsx2;]. Even at Vista, it simply doesn't matter for pcsx2 performance.

From last thread about AC I remember it lagged at HD6850(or it was 70 or 950 even, don't remember) anyway it requires powerfull GPU to run, and probably nvidia would run it better. Even if you could get new gpu, you would get then limited by cpu, through that could then be good enough with OC probably.

At best you can do now to even affect fps is trying "allow 8 bit textures"(both on and off as the result can differ) and checking "native" internal res in GSdx config if you aren't using native yet. You could also use frameskip(config>emulation settings>GS), but that gives horrible results and often bugs games.

For the cheat, make sure it doesn't have any hidden extension like .txt added which is generally hidden by default in Windows OS.
go here for the tips
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-con...-SUPPORTED

as for the pnach
if you have a cheat pnach's filename maybe wrong(wrong spelling)
you need to rename the exact crc spelling 1f34e107.pnach to load it correctly
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-06-2012, 10:26 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Ram upgrade is always useless suggestion when it comes to increase fps in pcsx2;]. Even at Vista, it simply doesn't matter for pcsx2 performance.

From last thread about AC I remember it lagged at HD6850(or it was 70 or 950 even, don't remember) anyway it requires powerfull GPU to run, and probably nvidia would run it better. Even if you could get new gpu, you would get then limited by cpu, through that could then be good enough with OC probably.

At best you can do now to even affect fps is trying "allow 8 bit textures"(both on and off as the result can differ) and checking "native" internal res in GSdx config if you aren't using native yet. You could also use frameskip(config>emulation settings>GS), but that gives horrible results and often bugs games.

For the cheat, make sure it doesn't have any hidden extension like .txt added which is generally hidden by default in Windows OS.

Of course ,adding ram doesn't have direct effect on pcsx2.But it can solved the multi-task suck due to "too frequently" virtual memory access.Which stuck a lot cpu resource.Having 3 gig ram ,I don't suggest to turn off virtual memory ,It is easy to prompt "Isufficient memory message" while you are working whatever it is.As the computer run smother,the user is more comfortable for less stuck time.It is also a gain to refine and speed up.

The option in gsdx is very hardware depend.For me ,skipframe will only slow down the emulator.The user has to test each option independently for the best config.No fix answer that it must improve the performance.

Of course .The best solution is buy a new computer to run pcsx2(Joke only).
@kamwah99 please ensure you're the only user of your account, first you write one thing(turn off swap file), then the opposite(don't turn it off) and comment my whole post in that, like this was your reply to it, I don't really like it when someone tries to sign me under something I didn't said;].

Ram upgrade is useless suggestion , that was only thing I noted in my post which was reply to what you said, the OP doesn't even have 64 bit OS to even use any more ram he already have and Vista awfully crappy and slow wouldn't really be a factor here, normal people usually don't play 10 pc games or run awfully heavy apps in addition to play pcsx2 soo umm I see no sense in your "explanation to why ram upgrade could help" anyway.

Edit after seeing same situation yet again below: That guy's english and memory sucks soo much that he doesn't know what and when does he wrote or he trolls me, soo I'm off that discussion. >.<
(07-06-2012, 01:34 PM)miseru99 Wrote: @kamwah99 please ensure you're the only user of your account, first you write one thing(turn off swap file), then the opposite(don't turn it off) and comment my whole post in that, like this was your reply to it, I don't really like it when someone tries to sign me under something I didn't said;].

Ram upgrade is useless suggestion , that was only thing I noted in my post which was reply to what you said, the OP doesn't even have 64 bit OS to even use any more ram he already have and Vista awfully crappy and slow wouldn't really be a factor here, normal people usually don't play 10 pc games or run awfully heavy apps in addition to play pcsx2 soo umm I see no sense in your "explanation to why ram upgrade could help" anyway.

They are not ambigous .Closing swap file should be on condition that the sufficiant ram installed.Of course ,If you just run "one " pcsx and close everything background.There shouldn't be any problem at all( don't accuse me if the win hanged).
Who can tell what's the window doing in background while you are playing games.The window will never alert you before it acts.

Don't expect that when you see there are xxx free memory in ram does totally free for apps.sometime cpu will use those free ram a cache for its work.

Both vista and win7 have 32-bit and 64bit version.But win7 has a better handling on computer resources.
In fact ,If you are really concern about you graphic card capability ,
You can download GPU monitor to check whether it is fully utilise.
Of course, the output results is including GPU monitor background program so that the slightly lower than normal values.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-06-2012, 01:34 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Edit after seeing same situation yet again below: That guy's english and memory sucks soo much that he doesn't know what and when does he wrote or he trolls me, soo I'm off that discussion. >.<

Excuse me.I haven't read this statement last night.Adminstrator please forgive me for consecutive reply.

This forum ask us to use english to talk,They haven't told us to use a good english with total precise grammar to talk.I'm not english native,Obvious mistake in english is quite normal.Laugh

Don't blame on the other personalty,Peaceful discussion on fact is always wellcome.

As you accuse on someone ,you are also suck in mind.

My apology to say too hash words,But i should clear my standing point.