Best settings to use for recording
So I was thinking of doing some recording with pcsx2 and I wanted to know what are the best settings for me to record and still have a playable experience.
Right now I can get it to stay at 8-20FPS while recording.
my specs:
CPU: AMD Sempron 150 @2.9Ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4200 384MB
Windows 7
I know my specs aren't that great but aside from recording I can get almost full speed in most areas other than the gummi ship parts.

Sponsored links

Recording relies on CPU power. A multi-core CPU may help. But yours is an ancient single core one.
Your computer is too terrible for recording.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
(02-13-2013, 07:25 PM)Tyestor Wrote: Your computer is too terrible for recording.

Point noted.........
Using the internal recording function, is there a way to record both sound and video in the same file instead of recording them separate?
(02-13-2013, 07:25 PM)Tyestor Wrote: Your computer is too terrible for recording.

Why would you say this? It looks perfectly adequate to me.
Mainly cause it is? Even if it runs on 2.9 Ghz, but Recording AND playing on PCSX2 is quite a big no no for a Sempron.
(02-14-2013, 04:11 PM)KurosakiUzamaki_01 Wrote: Using the internal recording function, is there a way to record both sound and video in the same file instead of recording them separate?

Nope, no way with the internal recorder.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Separate recording shouldn't really be a big deal, depending on the container you preffer(mkv, avi, maybe some others) you can just mux it with any program that supports it, no re-encoding included soo it takes few seconds depending on hdd speed and files size. I personally use MKVmerge as liking matroska a bit over others, most people probably would just use AVImux as it was always most popular container.;p
One more thing......when I play in Twilight Town I get this weird blur effect around the outer edges of the screen and I was wondering if this in normal or maybe my speedhacks are effecting it. And I'm fully aware that the FPS is at 37......it always goes around that when Im anywhere near Twilight Town or the Gummi Ship levels, I usually get at least 40FPS elsewhere.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)