Better Account Creation Security
I've noticed an increasing mount of spam advertisement posts over the last few weeks (on the order of 1-2 a day), especially in the Linux Discussion subforum. It's not like it's hard to report them and they always seem to be taken care of quickly, but it is still fairly annoying and hopefully easily fixable. Nobody like spam!
Main Rig: i5 4670k, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 770 GTX, Windows 8.1/Arch
Main Laptop: Toshiba Kirabook. i5 4200U, 8 GB RAM, windows 8.1/Arch

Sponsored links

(07-21-2014, 06:57 AM)Urisma Wrote: I've noticed an increasing mount of spam advertisement posts over the last few weeks (on the order of 1-2 a day), especially in the Linux Discussion subforum. It's not like it's hard to report them and they always seem to be taken care of quickly, but it is still fairly annoying and hopefully easily fixable. Nobody like spam!
That's all you've noticed?

I reported 7 earlier today. on a normal day I report 2-3, or on a more intense day (like today) I can report upwards of 4.

Edit: make that 10 posts in around 3 hours.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah please don't report each and every post. All mods and admins get an email for each time you click the button -_- If you report one post of the spambot it goes without saying that the person who will take care of it will delete the rest of the posts it made too.

About spam prevention, try registering and see how many anti spam ***** we have...it's almost abusive. Hopefully when 1.8 mybb rolls out it will get better, it has some better anti spam features
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I remember those love bots. Those things sucked. 13 theads at time.
I wonder how many of those banned IPs match up with the database of stopforumspam.com. Maybe a lookup feature could be implemented that prevents accounts from the reported IPs to be registered.
Mybb 1.8 will have that implemented built-in Wink
Maybe you could make it so that accounts can be made, but they cannot see that they're actually banned or blocked, just make it so that their connection to the website looks like it's severely throttled, taking very long to load pages and throw random error screens every time they try to do an action a blocked user would be unable to Tongue
Which accounts? Tongue There is a plugin like that IIRC Tongue
So we are talking like shadow banning? The thing is that even there will be new bots pooping up.
Yeah i don't get how that would help with spam bots