Big problem with built-in recorder - The emulator creates a YoutubeAdBlocke file ?
Hello,

I noticed something worrying when I try to use the built-in recorder. Normally, two files would be generated : a video file and a sound file. However, when I try to make that work, I don't get any video file, but a strange YoutubeAdBlocke file...

As far as I know, these files are potentially dangerous. How come the emulator manages to create them ? Is there a way to get rid of them ? Any help is welcome.

Thank you very much and have a good day !

Sponsored links

There is no way the emulator created such a file if you downloaded it from our site.

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The emulator would never do that, I would guess as Blyss said, you didn't get it from PCSX2.net as you should.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Could be a virus changing the file format of video files on the PC.

Could also be your PC is not recognizing the file format correctly.
Sounds like it would be a hijack file for your browser to cause ads / virus downloads. Assuming you didn't get it from here.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I actually downloaded the emulator from your website, but I believe my computer was infected with those files and they apparently managed to affect the emulator...?

Hardware specs - 
CPU: Intel Core i7, 3610QM, 2.3 GHz
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670M 3GB
Memory : 16GB
Operating System : WIN7 Premium

Version of PCSX2 :  1.2.1

Any non default settings you are using : EE Cyclerate -> 2

Games I tried to record : 
Pop'N Music 10 (iso)
Pop'N Music 12 (iso)
 Pop'N Music 13 (iso)
Quote possibly, I would download and run Malwarebytes Antimalware.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-01-2015, 05:50 AM)bomblord Wrote: Could also be your PC is not recognizing the file format correctly.

^That's probably valid.

Why should a virus hijack the pcsx2 recording tool? Or why should a virus hijack pcsx2 in general?
(11-02-2015, 01:32 AM)willkuer Wrote: ^That's probably valid.

Why should a virus hijack the pcsx2 recording tool? Or why should a virus hijack pcsx2 in general?

Well, youtubeadblocke is malware.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-01-2015, 06:11 PM)Sylveon Wrote: I actually downloaded the emulator from your website, but I believe my computer was infected with those files and they apparently managed to affect the emulator...?

Hardware specs - 
CPU: Intel Core i7, 3610QM, 2.3 GHz
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670M 3GB
Memory : 16GB
Operating System : WIN7 Premium

Version of PCSX2 :  1.2.1

Any non default settings you are using : EE Cyclerate -> 2

Games I tried to record : 
Pop'N Music 10 (iso)
Pop'N Music 12 (iso)
 Pop'N Music 13 (iso)

On the filename dialog that appears when you start recording, if you do not set an extension for the file, PCSX2 will create a file with no extension. I guess that program (malware?) associated itself with files with no extensions.

Try this: On the dialog where you enter the filename, type C:/bleh.avi and see what happens.
[Image: newsig.jpg]