Binding one key to two functions.
Hi, just wanna say this emulator is great.

The game I'm trying to play is SSX3, it works perfectly, except for the controls.

When i play it on dolphin, I can set WSAD to the DPAD AND the Left Analog stick.

It's extremely hard to play on this emulator because I can't bind it to the same thing.

DPAD = Flips and spins.
Left analog stick = Forward, Backward, Left, Right.

When i set the DPAD to WSAD on pcsx2 beta r1888, and try to set the Left Analog Stick to WSAD also, it will wipe out the DPAD settings.

Does anyone know how I can set ONE button to TWO functions?
Thanks.

Sponsored links

And what do you think will happen if you start a game that uses the D-PAD for one thing and the Analog for other.

Just enable "Allow binding multiple PS2 controls to one PC control"
(04-05-2010, 09:22 AM)vsub Wrote: And what do you think will happen if you start a game that uses the D-PAD for one thing and the Analog for other.

/facepalm.

I don't know how I didn't see that.

thanks.
(04-05-2010, 10:14 AM)Apaz Wrote:
(04-05-2010, 09:22 AM)vsub Wrote: And what do you think will happen if you start a game that uses the D-PAD for one thing and the Analog for other.

/facepalm.

I don't know how I didn't see that.

thanks.

I feel I should warn you that binding the analog and digital controls will actually mess up your jumping in SSX3 since one of them just makes you charge a spin and the other turns your board. If you're hitting both you'll be charging your spin and charging your board thereby throwing off your jumps.

If it were something like FFXII where having the digital and analog bound together would just cause you to also tab around to people/enemies while you run, but it'll be clunky for SSX3.