Bios dumper dumped wrong file?
I just dumped my bios and the bios seems to be from a japan console, my console is PAL and when using it it does not replace the circle with the x symbol, I don't know what's wrong but PCSX2 identifies my bios as japan.

Sponsored links

Anyone? I am not trolling, there is not a chance that my console is NTSC-J
This is really a confusing one, I've seen it happen before here but there was no solution then either Sad http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Thi...Japan-BIOS
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

We should find out what all those cases have in common to figure out what's behind this.

What kind of storage device did you use?
Which method did you use to get to run ELF files on your PS2?
Which apps did you use?
What kind of memory card did you use?
Which PS2 version do you have?
(10-16-2016, 05:24 PM)refraction Wrote: This is really a confusing one, I've seen it happen before here but there was no solution then either Sad http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Thi...Japan-BIOS

Thank you for the response.
Well that at least calms me down, I thought for a moment that maybe my console is indeed NTSC-J/Japanese I don't mind staying with that as long as the games work the same, but if the files names are bla bla bla bla_BIOZ_VX_PAL bla bla bla, then it is indeed not NTSC-J/Japanese, right?
(10-16-2016, 05:43 PM)FlatOut Wrote: We should find out what all those cases have in common to figure out what's behind this.

What kind of storage device did you use?
Which method did you use to get to run ELF files on your PS2?
Which apps did you use?
What kind of memory card did you use?
Which PS2 version do you have?

I used ADATA COO8 16GB, FreeMcBoot with uLaunchElf, which apps did I use? What do you mean? Which apps do I have installed on my PS2 or what? Original playstation 2 memory card, both of them. I don't know where to find the PS2 version, but if you mean the playstation driver when you press triangle at boot screen, then it would be 2.00
(10-16-2016, 05:49 PM)AgentItay Wrote: I used ADATA COO8 16GB, FreeMcBoot with uLaunchElf, which apps did I use? What do you mean? Which apps do I have installed on my PS2 or what? Original playstation 2 memory card, both of them. I don't know where to find the PS2 version, but if you mean the playstation driver when you press triangle at boot screen, then it would be 2.00
By apps I meant did you run any other ELF files besides FeeMcBoot/uLaunchElf before or after you dumped the bios?
By method I meant how did you to get to run the ELF files?

What name did the files you dumped have?
Try this tutorial: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-du...B-PS2Ident

Also, what is the sha1 of your .bin file and the filesize of your .bin file (should be around 4MB)
This is a very interesting problem. It makes me wonder if there was an early rev of a specific model of PS2 that had some weirdness like this going on.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-16-2016, 09:21 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: This is a very interesting problem. It makes me wonder if there was an early rev of a specific model of PS2 that had some weirdness like this going on.
The affected PS2's in the other thread are Slim models, but they are two different revisions.