Black Lines on Wrc rally evolved
Hello,
Those days i was runing gran turismo 4 on pcsx2 on my dell inpiron 15r 5537. The game was running prety well, becase i formated my notebook, so i wanted to try Wrc Rally evolved, that used to run slowly before i format my notebok. The opening and the menu were runing normaly, but when i enter in the level, the game runs well, but with many black lines in the screen, what makes difficult to play. I tried to change the graphics card (i have an intel hd 4400 and an amd radeon 8850m), i tried to change the directx from 11 to 9, and many settings. I Atacched a screenshot of the lines in the game. And sorry for my english, i am brazilian.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try using OpenGL with the Accurate Depth and Accurate Date options (play with them to see which of the two you need) and set the CRC hack level to the OpenGL recommended
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-18-2016, 01:02 PM)refraction Wrote: Try using OpenGL with the Accurate Depth and Accurate Date options (play with them to see which of the two you need) and set the CRC hack level to the OpenGL recommended
It's called Hardware Depth. Wink And that's the one you need. Accurate Date isn't necessary.
For DX9/11, you need to use HW Hacks and set skipdraw to 1.
My advice is to keep accurate blending to at least basic (or minimal, don't remember the name Tongue2 let's say first level Wink ). If the game is slow then you could try to disable it (or uses a git version).
First level enables a better blending only when a wrong draw calls is detected (0% false positive).
(03-18-2016, 01:02 PM)refraction Wrote: Try using OpenGL with the Accurate Depth and Accurate Date options (play with them to see which of the two you need) and set the CRC hack level to the OpenGL recommended

But with opengl, the game would run slower ?

(03-18-2016, 01:06 PM)FlatOut Wrote: It's called Hardware Depth. Wink And that's the one you need. Accurate Date isn't necessary.
For DX9/11, you need to use HW Hacks and set skipdraw to 1.

I will try it. Thanks.
Code:
Except corner case, often those options have a limited impact of performance. And so time, it is even faster. If you're VU limited, more work on GSdx won't impact perf neither.
Then it also depends on your hardware. It isn't the same story if you manage to run the game at 40 fps or 80 fps.

Edit: typically on your first screen shot you seem to be vsync limited. (aka there are rooms for more accuracy)
(03-18-2016, 05:54 PM)gregory Wrote:
Code:
Except corner case, often those options have a limited impact of performance. And so time, it is even faster. If you're VU limited, more work on GSdx won't impact perf neither.
Then it also depends on your hardware. It isn't the same story if you manage to run the game at 40 fps or 80 fps.

Edit: typically on your first screen shot you seem to be vsync limited. (aka there are rooms for more accuracy)
even with the directx, the game is now runing in slow motion in 40 fps, and if i turn off hw hacks it still run slowly, but with the lines. With hw hacks on, the lines changed the direction, they are in horizontal, but just in the menus, in game they disappeared. There is a way to run the games fast? I am using the emulation hacks in agressive plus.
Enabling all hacks isn't going to help in fps, it would just break everything.
(03-19-2016, 11:50 AM)gregory Wrote: Enabling all hacks isn't going to help in fps, it would just break everything.

Is there a way to make the performance better ? Even using the game booster form razer, the fps still is low. I saw some people saying that ther runned on a netbook with an atom processor, integrated graphics with 40-50 fps, and many people with core2duo and core2quad run the game better than me, with old pcs.

Edit: pcsx2 runs better on linux ? Becase i have ubuntu in dual boot with my windows 10, but i think the amd drivers on linux aren´t so good as they are on windows.
(03-19-2016, 04:55 PM)EduAmaro Wrote: Even using the game booster form razer, the fps still is low. I saw some people saying that ther runned on a netbook with an atom processor, integrated graphics with 40-50 fps, and many people with core2duo and core2quad run the game better than me, with old pcs.

any proof ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go