Black Screen and really dark rooms during gameplay
Silent Hill Origins
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2

I have windows 8.1
latest version of Direct x (since I've been updating them frequently on multiple games)
1 terabyte laptop
A6 graphics card

In both Silent Hills, the dark rooms are literally dark rooms, the only way I can see is if I use my flashlight which gives me a perfect circle shape light with a cylinder behind it.

Both games appear to have missing contents like invisible beds in Origins while everything in Shattered Memories is incredibly invisible to even his head sometimes.

Resident evil works great, smooth game play and the audio isn't ahead of the video (which happens to me on most games) but there's sometimes a black screen the flashes the game when I'm playing a level. It doesn't have affect when I open up the menu though, just when I'm playing the game.

in all of the games there appears to be missing audio too.

please help?

sorry if these questions have already been answered, I honestly did not know how to search up the problem through google.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using and if you are using GSDX 2.0 or the one bundled with PCSX2.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

version 1.2.1

and no GSD thing
(06-29-2015, 01:31 AM)refraction Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using and if you are using GSDX 2.0 or the one bundled with PCSX2.
  • Any non default settings you are using.

Thank You.

version 1.2.1 latest (according to what I know lol)

and my GSD settings

AFAIK, all the cases you mentioned can be solved by using software mode.
Since your lapptop is probably on the weak side, trying gsdx 2.0 may be a good idea, though : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx-2-0
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Your custom resolution could be causing problems, if you want to keep it low, use "Native" rather than a tiny resolution.

Also if your graphics card supports DX11, I'd suggest you change to that.

I honestly don't know how to do that ._. I changed the GS settings to the one you told me to check out and switched to software but it makes it slower with the flashing blackness, I can hear the missing audio though

if it's still flashing black you've broken something else. Can you show us each of the screens from under Config->Emulation Settings, theres a little camera in the bottom left of each screen to help you take pictures.

also if you could run the game, close it and then upload your emulog.txt from the logs folder too, that could be handy.

ROFL I did not know there was a screenshot button.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well we only have it for like five years now... One can easily miss that.