Black sky/texture? In Battlefront II
I searched around and couldn't seem to find any solution, or similar problem to this so here it goes....

I have gotten Star Wars Battlefront II to load up and work mostly fine. The only issue is that on every map, the game seems to fail at loading objects in the distance completely. The sky, and other things in the distance are blotted out by blackness, except the occasional "glitchy" squares that show how it should be.

The above error seems to be the only problem that is occur, everything else runs smoothing (about 35-40fps). And I believe I meet the system reqs, I have a first gen i5, with 4gb DDR3 ram, and a gts 250 nvidia graphics card.

I'm fairly new to pcsx2, but I set it up according to the walkthrough/guide that is on this website. Also I have the newest version, 1.0.

Any help, or guidance on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

littleleach

Sponsored links

Its because of your GPU, u probably have an Intel HD graphics card being used so try switching to a better one like NVIDIA
Quote:The above error seems to be the only problem that is occur, everything else runs smoothing (about 35-40fps). And I believe I meet the system reqs, I have a first gen i5, with 4gb DDR3 ram, and a gts 250 nvidia graphics card.

or the game is just one of the few that has various different problems (which it is)
Same thing happens with my AMD Radeon HD 6990 graphics card.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
Hmm yeah as I mentioned I have a dedicated video card. It's a Nvidia gts 250. Also I still haven't been able to find any sort of fix for this yet. I am fairly new to Pcsx2 though and not entirely sure what all the options do/are.
I just tried to solve it.
The sky/textures are all good when I use software mode, but it is slow because of that.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's