Bloody Roar 3 performance issues...
OK, my PS3 is a 1st gen 80GB edition, so I can play most PS1/PS2 games but some, like Bloody Roar3, take performance hits, so I popped in my copy of BR3 for my first PCSX2 game and though the intro vids are horribly garbled the in-game graphics are pristine. However, the game runs incredibly slow (probably around 50% emulation speed) and I've tried some tweaks and fixes but nothing seems to help improve the performance. I'm running an Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz, 4GB 800MHz Unganged RAM, and nVidia GeForce 9400 GT XGA w/512MB VRAM, and Windows 7 Home Premium x64 w/SP1. Is my PC just not powerful enough to emulate a PS2 or are there some other options I could try? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

what are your settings, pcsx2 version, etc ?

keep in mind your GPU is a bit weak for pcsx2. I guess your problem is there, becasue BR III is quite easy to emulate
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I took snapshots of all my settings...I put most options back to default since they apparently didn't help anything, and the speedhack would crash the game sometimes. I didn't touch the EE and VU options since I'm not familiar with those settings. Also, the sound gets REALLY choppy during loading sequences, not a problem I suppose, just annoying.

BTW, Thx!

use DX10, for one.
for 2: use a few speedhacks to fix any remaing speed problems.

(I'm playing at roughly 40fps on 2.2dc/8600GT-512)
(03-02-2011, 07:23 PM)Saiki Wrote: use DX10, for one.
for 2: use a few speedhacks to fix any remaing speed problems.

(I'm playing at roughly 40fps on 2.2dc/8600GT-512)

Well, it helped, running between 40-50fps, I guess I won't get the 60fps I was hoping for...never-the-less, thx for the tips.
You will probably get the extra fps from overclocking if you want to risk it Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-03-2011, 11:42 AM)refraction Wrote: You will probably get the extra fps from overclocking if you want to risk it Tongue
I hate to contradict you, but if a 2.2 and a 2.8 get the same speed isn't there something wrong there?
(03-03-2011, 06:36 PM)Saiki Wrote: I hate to contradict you, but if a 2.2 and a 2.8 get the same speed isn't there something wrong there?

you have an intel, conroe based processor. Clock for clock intel chips are far more efficient than AMD's, not to mention you have SSSE3 and SSE4 which make things far quicker (we have optimizations in place to take advantage of these, cutting down the amount of code required to execute when the VU's are processing)

So it is likely your 2.2 will have the same speed as his AMD 2.8.

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

ok, I'll give you that Smile