Blue lines among the text in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
I'm using the lastest version of PCSX2 and I have this error when playing Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance.

I try using internal res and the problem still shows up.

Anyone knows how I can fix this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

What gsdx settings do you use?

Does software renderer (toggled by F9) solve the problem for you?
(01-09-2015, 10:11 PM)willkuer Wrote: What gsdx settings do you use?

Does software renderer (toggled by F9) solve the problem for you?

This are my settings, and yes, Software renderer solves the problem.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Holy moly, do you need all those hardware hacks my friend? How about turning off all HW hacks first; see if it fixes the issue.

Then try to use the "Or use Scaling" option instead of a custom resolution.

Tick Native first to see if hardware rendering breaks the game, then move up to the scaling options. The game might just up-render poorly.

Just thinking here, try ticking texture filter into a box (half tick).
Also try ticking "Allow 8-bit textures" off and then on.
Colored lines among text happens in several of my games in Hardware Mode; Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 comes to my mind. The lines are going to stay unfortunately. Also, you have both FXAA and MSAA on, which I think is a bit overkill; this is just a suggestion, but just try one of them on (whichever one looks best on your game).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
(01-09-2015, 11:59 PM)junknaut Wrote: Colored lines among text happens in several of my games in Hardware Mode; Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 comes to my mind. The lines are going to stay unfortunately. Also, you have both FXAA and MSAA on, which I think is a bit overkill; this is just a suggestion, but just try one of them on (whichever one looks best on your game).

Not necessarily. Some games you just need to play with settings or the HW hacks. I know half tick texture filtering can fix text at the cost of 2D objects being unfiltered. Truly depends.
(01-09-2015, 11:31 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Holy moly, do you need all those hardware hacks my friend? How about turning off all HW hacks first; see if it fixes the issue.

Didn't fix it.

(01-09-2015, 11:31 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Then try to use the "Or use Scaling" option instead of a custom resolution.

Tick Native first to see if hardware rendering breaks the game, then move up to the scaling options. The game might just up-render poorly.

HW hacks off and Native fix it, x2 bring them back but at a minimum, 3x - 6x make it worst. HW hacks (MSAA) and native didn't fix it.

(01-09-2015, 11:31 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Just thinking here, try ticking texture filter into a box (half tick).

Didn't fix it.

(01-09-2015, 11:31 PM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Also try ticking "Allow 8-bit textures" off and then on.

Didn't fix it.

(01-09-2015, 11:59 PM)junknaut Wrote: Also, you have both FXAA and MSAA on, which I think is a bit overkill; this is just a suggestion, but just try one of them on (whichever one looks best on your game).

Strangely enough, I don't feel the impact of both activated...

I will stick to MSAA.
shader based anti-aliasing is pointless when you have msaa.

There is not way to fix those lines unless your at native resolution I guess.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yup that's an up-render issue. Play with MSAA and x2 for minimal impact. MSAA at 4x should be fine for the 3D stuff.
Sounds like the text issue with many square enix games when using anything other then native. Sounds like you have to live with it if you want upscaled graphics.