Bluescreen of Death at random
I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 on Windows 7. It's a fairly beefy rig that can handle pretty much any new game at Max settings. I'm not too good with the more technical stuff though, so I apologize in advance if I frustrate any of you.

I've been using PCSX2 for years now, and every now and then it will just BSOD my PC. I haven't found any clear pattern to it. Some games I can finish all the way through with no issue and some will die on me only once, so it appears completely random.

I did a search of the forum before posting this, and I'm afraid I just don't know how to sift through all the advice that's been given already. Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

(04-07-2015, 04:36 PM)SabbyNeko Wrote: I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 on Windows 7. It's a fairly beefy rig that can handle pretty much any new game at Max settings. I'm not too good with the more technical stuff though, so I apologize in advance if I frustrate any of you.

I've been using PCSX2 for years now, and every now and then it will just BSOD my PC. I haven't found any clear pattern to it. Some games I can finish all the way through with no issue and some will die on me only once, so it appears completely random.

I did a search of the forum before posting this, and I'm afraid I just don't know how to sift through all the advice that's been given already. Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Drivers?

Update them. Provide your specs please, and an emulog.txt
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-07-2015, 04:51 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Drivers?

Update them. Provide your specs please, and an emulog.txt

I've attached my specs and the log. What do you mean by drivers?

Attached Files
.png   Specs.png (Size: 52,3 KB / Downloads: 277)
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 2,72 KB / Downloads: 215)
(04-07-2015, 05:08 PM)SabbyNeko Wrote: I've attached my specs and the log. What do you mean by drivers?

Uh...

emulog.txt Wrote:D:\Games\Emulators\PS1 and PS2\Roms\Mace Griffin - Bounty Hunter (USA).iso

I wanna say this is piracy, but I digress.

Now as for drivers...

Here's your point of interest.
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
(04-07-2015, 05:11 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: I wanna say this is piracy, but I digress.

That's not piracy.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(04-07-2015, 05:16 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: That's not piracy.

Marge Simpson Wrote:but I digress

Nyeh. I'm still a bit skeptical.

But back on topic: it sounds like drivers.

what would ;e; do
I own the actual discs, but my disc drive no longer works right.

So, I'm missing this driver, or that driver is the problem?
(04-07-2015, 05:19 PM)SabbyNeko Wrote: I own the actual discs, but my disc drive no longer works right.

So, I'm missing this driver, or that driver is the problem?

I'm saying that your drivers are likely the problem. Update them and see if PCSX2 crashes and BSODs on the games that BSOD'd when booted.

what would ;e; do
Hmmm, I swear I'd updated those through Nvidia Experience. I'll find the latest driver and test it. Thank you for the help.
(04-07-2015, 05:25 PM)SabbyNeko Wrote: Hmmm, I swear I'd updated those through Nvidia Experience. I'll find the latest driver and test it. Thank you for the help.

Nyeh, as much as I can say the GeForce Experience and Nvidia as a whole is garbage, it's always best to manually update your drivers.

what would ;e; do