Blurriness In Devil May Cry
Photo 
I've noticed that if I increase the resolution in Devil May Cry most of the screen looks much better. But the top eighth or so of the screen remains at the native resolution. I'm also getting lots of texture flickering in that area. The only change I've made to the settings is the resolution. This problem doesn't happen on other games that I tested.

http://imgur.com/a/8sbbu

Notice how the top of the statue is noticeably blurry whereas the rest is not. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks.

Sponsored links

Which version of the emulator and which renderer are you using?
The blur in the top third of the screen is a side effect of the hack used to fix the HUD. There's no solution for it unfortunately.
(04-25-2017, 12:18 AM)CK1 Wrote: The blur in the top third of the screen is a side effect of the hack used to fix the HUD. There's no solution for it unfortunately.

So, it's still there at native resolution but because that's also so blurry it just blends in?

If I were to use a 1.4.0 version is there any other way to fix the the H.U.D.?
Basically yes. The HUD doesn't scale properly in older versions of PCSX2, so doing that wouldn't fix it either unfortunately.
(04-25-2017, 01:07 AM)CK1 Wrote: Basically yes. The HUD doesn't scale properly in older versions of PCSX2, so doing that wouldn't fix it either unfortunately.

That's disappointing to hear. I could have sworn I played through the game without this issue in the past. But maybe 
I never messed with the resolutions.

Is there any hope of this being fixed in the future or is this an issue we're going to have to live with?
For now, you'll just have to live with it. We're just glad that the HUD has been fixed after being broken for years.
(04-25-2017, 06:29 PM)CK1 Wrote: For now, you'll just have to live with it. We're just glad that the HUD has been fixed after being broken for years.

Indeed, thank you for your time!