Boot Error > SYSTEM.CNF not found
Well, thanks to all of the suggestions you guys have provided, I have gotten it to read discs, but alas, I have come across another problem. I cannot actually get it to run Ace Combat 4 or Armored Core: Silent Line. These are compatible according to the game list, but when i choose to open the CD, i just get a black screen for a short time before it kicks me back to the playstation 2 browser screen, showing two memory cards and a disc. I am progressing, but very slowly.

Sponsored links

Isnt that what the ps2 does when it cant read discs?
Yeah, pretty much. The disc is in very good condition, so... idk what to do.
Can you create an ISO image from the disc using alcohol 120% (trial version)?

disc images usually run more stable anyway but if it fixes your problem then its all good Laugh
Try using P.E.Op.S. CDVD 1.3.0 plugin. I had that problem with a Contra Shattered Soldier DVD. And that fixed it.
Thanks for all the help guys. I made an image file and tried and configured every CDVD drive available to run it with... the only degree of success I have had is the image file showing up as an audio CD and showing an audio file called "Title 1". I made the image file from a 100% compatible PS2 game. I really appreciate the help, but unless there are more suggestions, I'm gonna stop trying or try is again somewhere down the road.
wow that reminds me of a laser cleaner i had that i used with my ps2 before Tongue

did you use alcohol 120% to make the iso and set it to the playstation 2 setting?
Indeed I did. It just won't run my image file correctly.
i cant think of anything else so did you try exploring your cd to see if SYSTEM.CNF is in the root directory? and same with your image file.. im out of ideas Sad

could also try a different pcsx2 version though
Smile 
(03-06-2009, 06:31 AM)Lohengrin Wrote: I have absolutely no idea how to fix this problem. I spent enough time trying to just get it to the PS2 start up screen... memory cards appear, graphics are fine, and startup runs smoothly. I can do everything except do what it was created to do-- play a game. I am trying it with the compatible Ace Combat 4 disc, and the disc is not being picked up. I suspected it is because of the only RED lettering that appeared... which was exactly: Boot Error > SYSTEM.CNF not found.

I would *really* appreciate if someone knew the solution to this problem... it doesn't seem to happen often, according to the archives of Google.

Hey guys i am from germany i had the same problem, i used before Europe Bios v02.00(14.06.2004) then i got also teh system.cnf error but then i change to Usa v.02.00(14.06.2004) and it works :-D