Breath of Fire 5 slowness Fix
I'll do a pgo build of GSdx in a sec. Nope, no SSS3 or SSE2 for now.
These take time to create, since some weird bug causes the final build to crash on many tries :/

Ok guys, no requests for new PGOs please. This is the one I'll do and publically make available Tongue2

.7z   GSdx_SSE41_PGO_DX10.7z (Size: 309,02 KB / Downloads: 635)

Code:
for(int y = 0; y < h; y++, sy += yinc, dy += yinc, sx -= xinc*w, dx -= xinc*w)
        for(int x = 0; x < w; x++, sx += xinc, dx += xinc)
            (m_mem.*wp)(dx, dy, (m_mem.*rp)(sx, sy, m_env.BITBLTBUF.SBP, m_env.BITBLTBUF.SBW), m_env.BITBLTBUF.DBP, m_env.BITBLTBUF.DBW);

If someone with a bit of free time on his hand wants to help us out here.
This is the offending bit of code in GSdx. Optimize it, and no one needs PGO's for BoF5 anymore Wink

Sponsored links

Will this work for people who only have DX9?
It might. Looks like that code copies a pixel from one buffer in one format to another (in another format), and is shared by all rendering modes. Of course, the rest of the stuff was optimized for DX10, so it still might not run well. Also, your CPU has to support SSE4.1, which means an Intel Q9xxx or E8xxx (And maybe ?7xxx? Dunno). Just try it.
yea, that's the command copying a rectangular area from one place to another inside the vram, so rarely used that I didn't try to optimize it Tongue
Well, one game does it all the time (guess which Tongue2 ).
Wow ! This build will fix BOF5 slowness ?? Sweet dude. Thanks Rama. I love this guy. Laugh
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Where is this code located? I may have some time on my hands tonight.
Xelinis: Thanks, but ChickenLiver already got it 80% faster Smile
Gabest, I've sent you on the forums in PM the modded function by chickenliver, if you want to take a look at it. I think it would be worth it, but you decide XD
^_^;;

Oh well, I guessing that we'll be seeing this commited later tonight?