Breath of Fire 5 slowness Fix
How do I create a profile guided build of gsdx to fix BOF5 slowness ?? Can anyone be as kind as to teach me ?? Thanks Smile
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Sponsored links

what's profile guided build..?
That's what I'm trying to find out. There's a way to fix BOF5 slowness according to Rama and it is by creating a profile guided build of GSdx.

I think that profile guided optimization is meant.

Read this. Do you think it's worth it?Laugh
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...S.71).aspx
i only know how to do that with MS VC++ 2008
but it's really simple
1. set it to release build
2. rightclick on the objects you wanna compile and go for "Profile Guided Optimization" there you choose instrument now you have to wait until it's ready again

3. then choose one object you want to optimize, again rigthclick > "Profile Guided Optimization" but this time you choose RUN Instrumented/optimized application

If it''s for pcsx2 then you just have to configure and play a bit etc XD the runs should be stackable at least for me they are!

but for plugins it's a bit harder you have to choose the program which uses the plugin file (dll) in our case PCSX2.exe or similar^^ (I'm lazy so my latest file is always named like that)

4. if you have chosen pcsx2 then hit ok ! now the fun begins ^^ you have to choose the instrumented plugin version so your plugin folder has to be where the plugin is compiled!!!

5. after you configured every thing just play a while various games or parts of a game XD (like battles, trading, running through the city, special effects)
and then close the emulator normally (if it crashes you probably have to do it all over again XD)
after that it's the same again for everything (plugins and normal applications like pcsx2)

6. again rightclick on the object you just profiled for optimization (the gaming... with the instrumented pcsx2 or plugin) again in "Profile Guided Optimization" and now hit OPTIMIZE!!! wait till the compiling is done XD

~side notes~
PGO builds can lead to errors if you want to report errors please test it first on an official build!!!!!!!!!!!

also just because you played Game XXX for hours to optimize It doesn't mean that Game YYY will be faster to have an effect on many games, many games have to be profiled!!!

IF you get an error profile not found or profile not merged into database don't bother me with it... seriously I couldn't give less about it XD

AND last but not least ^^ If it's worth... NO most of the time not however there are exceptions ^^ like BOF V (otherwise it's really time consuming...)
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(04-01-2009, 01:41 AM)kabooz Wrote: i only know how to do that with MS VC++ 2008
but it's really simple
1. set it to release build
2. rightclick on the objects you wanna compile and go for "Profile Guided Optimization" there you choose instrument now you have to wait until it's ready again

3. then choose one object you want to optimize, again rigthclick > "Profile Guided Optimization" but this time you choose RUN Instrumented/optimized application

If it''s for pcsx2 then you just have to configure and play a bit etc XD the runs should be stackable at least for me they are!

but for plugins it's a bit harder you have to choose the program which uses the plugin file (dll) in our case PCSX2.exe or similar^^ (I'm lazy so my latest file is always named like that)

4. if you have chosen pcsx2 then hit ok ! now the fun begins ^^ you have to choose the instrumented plugin version so your plugin folder has to be where the plugin is compiled!!!

5. after you configured every thing just play a while various games or parts of a game XD (like battles, trading, running through the city, special effects)
and then close the emulator normally (if it crashes you probably have to do it all over again XD)
after that it's the same again for everything (plugins and normal applications like pcsx2)

6. again rightclick on the object you just profiled for optimization (the gaming... with the instrumented pcsx2 or plugin) again in "Profile Guided Optimization" and now hit OPTIMIZE!!! wait till the compiling is done XD

You explaining doesn't make it sound simple, really LaughDD
why should it be simple ? it's a tool for programmer XD
but I tried to guide step by step so I don't think thats to hard cause most of the words I used will appear on the screen right in front of you if you follow the guide XD

If it's about my english, I'm not a native speaker and I use colons whenever I think it fits
so bare with my vocabulary
Chicken is not Vegan?

Wow!!! That's a lot of stuff. Maybe I'll try it when I gather some courage Smile Thanks !

As a side note, PGO is not really good for gsdx, cause as said there's often problems. Though when it does work, a few games benefit.

It is different for the main exe (if you know how to do it). As a matter of fact, all the pcsx2 betas (not plugins) I put up have undergone PGO... with a careful choice of cases.

So, there is no real reason to ever do PGO if you use our betas...
wow way to go PCSX2 TEAM you guys rock xD
somehow that really caught me by surprise.
Chicken is not Vegan?