Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Graphical error
Hey guys.

I finally got Budokai Tenkaichi running alright. The game runs fine, the opening video plays great, no errors whatsoever. Menus work fine. Fights run fast enough. I just have one problem!

This only happens during a fight. No other time does this glitch show up. But I get these lines on the screen. Very bad distortion.

[Image: th_problem01.jpg]

[Image: th_problem02.jpg]

I run a Geforce 9400GT with 1000mb. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz and 2gigs of memory. I run Windows XP so no Directx 10 for me yet.

I'm using the ZeroGS graphics plugin. I was having worse problems with the other ones. Speedhacks are set to 2.0x Cycle Rate. Everything else is on there. CPU I have it set to limit to 60 frames per second. Everything else is almost standard. Using PCSX2 0.9.6.

Sponsored links

1)Disable any hacks
2)Use the 1888 beta and the latest December 20 plugin pack and try again
[Image: newsig.jpg]
try Gsdx 0.1.4 instead of ZeroGs
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
GSDX in any variations causes performance to be worse.
Yes but you can actually play the game without all the garbage all over the display?
Yes but I get something just as bad. The screen flickers black and performance is cut in half or more.
The crap speed is caused by your very slow 9400GT, nothing you can do about it.
Black flickering is a bug in the PAL version and has been debated here in several threads, which you can find with a quick search.
I find it hard to believe my video card is an issue. I can run games such as Crysis or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with ease at maximum settings. I don't know why a PS2 game would be any problem. It runs fine on ZeroGS except for this graphical glitch.
(02-05-2010, 06:46 PM)Halcyonight Wrote: I find it hard to believe my video card is an issue. I can run games such as Crysis or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with ease at maximum settings. I don't know why a PS2 game would be any problem.

why everyone must compare pc games with emulation?
even if u had 10.000 euro or dollars and u gone spend them ALL in a new pc buying the best there is out there even then some games wouldnt play at 100% fps :s
well maybe i overdid it but just never never compare pc games with emulated games....
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Just search the forum for your game, and then for "flicker". There is an older version of GSdx that supposedly works better.
Or you could convert your PAL game to NTSC.
Whatever you do, you'll have to get GSdx working. ZeroGS is old and very buggy.

Edit: And yeah, your graphic card is really, really bad. I have no idea how you can play pc games on it. Prolly at 10fps.