Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or potentially memory card issue
So I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue, when I go to start playing I get to the main menu. The options there are "New Game" and "Continue" now since I haven't played I have to choose "New Game" so once I hit X it opens a new menu that asks if I want to save on the memory card, my only option is "No" as "Yes" is greyed out.

I've formatted both of my memory cards but I'm starting to wonder if I perhaps missed a step after that to get them in working order?

Edit: Sorry I left out my PCSX2 version, I am running 0.9.8

Sponsored links

The game has graphical glitches on old version;P update to latest one.
Anyway I never saw such bug and counting how many times I ran that game would made me sick;]. Maybe try to save from options menu? Or maybe a question from which I should start - you're sure you injected a memory card into slot 1?(the game doesn't even check slot 2 if I remember;P)
I'm fairly certain, I'm not 100% certain of the procedures to get the memory card working entirely. I just went to the memory card set up and ejected both memory cards, and put them back in. The game still has the "Yes" option as greyed out. I just updated to 1.0.0.
Try running pcsx2 as an administrator. Maybe it's yet another bug with user rights;].
That didn't work either, I'm very much so confused. Is there anything more to do after formatting the memory cards and making sure they're in the memory card manager?
Not really;3 is there any error shown in the log?

And what bios version do you have? If it's the initial japanese release I remember from translating the guide it can cause a bugs with saving to memory cards(or something:]).

You could always just play the game without any save;], unlocking 100% game from the start is right under your eyes;P. Unless you really care about saving your best times or anything like that couse using just savestates for "important" stuff isn't soo recommended.
I'm using bios USA v.02.00, below is my log from starting up the game.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\Users\User\Emulators\PS2\ROM\DragonBall Z - Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (USA) (En,Ja).iso
Image type = DVD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1475008 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\User\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\User\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
Bios Found: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_216.78;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_216.78;1) Game CRC = 0x428113C2, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
This is definitely a Budokai Tenkaichi issue, Budokai 3 read it perfectly fine
I cannot reproduce it in any way.
You're using d-pad to select options or analog? Couse in Budokai series you can use analog, in Tenkaichi series you can only select options with d-pad. I never could even see a greyed out "yes" button. No is lightened by default, but no problem changing it here;P.

If you're sure it's a bug, maybe your iso is bad couse it happens only for you;], try re-creating it from the original disc with Imgburn.
The original Tenkaichi has issues with memory cards larger than 8MB

once a save is on the card however, it works fine.