[Bug] Eve of Destruction very laggy/inconsistent audio
From what I've been reading from other threads, this game is very buggy and doesn't normally work. Although it is listed under PCSX2's list as green and compatible. All I want to know is, is there anyone who has gotten this to work properly? I've changed every setting imaginable, used iso mounts and direct CD drive and it's all the same. The only thing I can change is the speed of the game.

I'm sorry if anyone gets upset I didn't post any info. Frankly I didn't know what to post besides pictures and details of everything. Just ask me what you need and I will provide. I'll be here a while..

To start with, my computer:
E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 4GHz
DFI x38 T2RB
8GB DDR2 Patriot @ PC1066 5-5-5-15
ATI HD7950 3GB
Seagate 750GB 7200RPM HDD

I've also been using MotionJoy with a PS3 controller plugged in through the charge cable.

This was my all time favorite racing game on PS2 and was the only reason I decided to try this emulator

Sponsored links

not a valid bug report.
moved to general discussion

which pcsx2 revision ?
what "bug" are you talking about ? any screenshot ?
why using motioninjoy when you can use this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sorry I guess it's not a specific bug. I just want help.

I'm using r5350

Audio is very slow and laggy during menu screen and loading. Even more so at the pre-race menu. Gameplay whatsoever is just not an option. Is extremely slow no matter what I change in the speedhacks settings. Even changed all the audio settings around without any luck. I'd screen shot it but it wouldn't show you anything. It's all what I'm experiencing live while trying to get it to work.

What's the difference between that and MotionJoy?
mayb it's a demanding game and since you don't have a tri or quad core, you won't get beenfits from MTVU hack.
what do the ee% & gs% say when it slows down.
about MIJ : it's a big bloatware while scarlet crush plugin is clean.
It really doesn't make any sense that I'm running Battlefield 4, Skyrim, and a few other new PC games on full graphics settings. What good is an emulator that needs more processing power than todays PC games?

ee hovers around 30% and gs never goes above 20%. I'll admit, I don't know what that means but it's never been consistent.

I'll stick with MotionJoy for now since it isn't the immediate issue.
(11-25-2013, 08:59 AM)really_angry Wrote: It really doesn't make any sense that I'm running Battlefield 4, Skyrim, and a few other new PC games on full graphics settings. What good is an emulator that needs more processing power than todays PC games?
please don't compare native pc games to emulated games. it's ridiculous...

did you try wohtout speedhacks ?
can you please post the emulog.txt ?
Honestly as I try this with other games. None of them seem to work properly. I think I'm just going to ditch this. Trying to get this to work all day has been a nightmare. It's a shame because I would've used this a lot. But I can't find any explanation to my shotty performance other than my hardware being too old. Which is absolutely preposterous to me that I need newer hardware to play games that ran on hardware years older and less advanced. Yes I understand it needs to be processed differently on a PC. But this is just ridiculous I can't play a 10 year old game but I can boot up Battlefield and play that no problem. I'll do more research and maybe try this again in the future.
you have no iudea how much processing power emulation requires compared to nowadays pc games.
That's just how emulation works.
Think about it : an old 486DX couldn't run zsnses at full speed while it had more than 8 times an snes processing power.

If you post the info is asked you, maybe we could help further. your ee% gs% are low, so maybe something can be done (provided this game works well with pcsx2, of course)
Here is the log. Though this is after I reset everything and tried it all on default settings. Didn't change anything.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 9,93 KB / Downloads: 267)
until you can actually prove us you own 20 PS2s, i'll close this for piracy