Core -  [Bug Report] 7 Blades [PAL]
PCSX2 version: 1.5.0-dev-2010
EE/IOP/VU: Default / Preset 2 - Safe
Plugins Used: GSdx 1.1.0[GSdx32-AVX2] - OpenGL Hardware - internal resolution 3x Native, Hacks: Unscale Point and Line,Align Sprite ,Merge Sprite, Half Pixel Offset Special(Texture)/ OpenGL Software
Description: Game freezes after you let a certain cutscene play out completely as described here
The game continues fine if you skip the cutscene, it only freezes if you watch the whole cutscene.

Steps to reproduce
From the memory card save linked in the thread keep playing the level until you beat the Lighting and Wind gods and let the cutscene play out. When the cutscene ends the game freezes to a black screen.

Making a bug report now because I tested this on a different PAL disc now. I don't know if it happens in the Japanese release.

Sponsored links

I'll add this to the list of IPU affected games on GitHub.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2132
(01-19-2018, 06:53 PM)CK1 Wrote: I'll add this to the list of IPU affected games on GitHub.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2132
Why? There is no mention of something related to IPU here. Ulblast doesn't mention a FMV either, a cutscene is an interlude run on the in-game engine.
(01-19-2018, 07:10 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Ulblast doesn't mention a FMV either, a cutscene is an interlude run on the in-game engine.

Not necessarily, could just be how he described it. It is less likely to crash if it uses the ingame engine also if the rest of the game works.

Ulblast: Does the game continue to work if you enable the skipmpeg gamefix?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-19-2018, 07:16 PM)refraction Wrote: Not necessarily, could just be how he described it. It is less likely to crash if it uses the ingame engine also if the rest of the game works.

Yes, it could be that Ulblast mixed up FMVs and cutscenes, but there is currently no proof that it is either. Until it is proving either way, we shouldn't be guessing(something that happens too often). I know several games that freeze/froze like this during actual cutscenes as well.
(01-19-2018, 07:16 PM)refraction Wrote: Not necessarily, could just be how he described it. It is less likely to crash if it uses the ingame engine also if the rest of the game works.

I actually asked that in my original response but edited when I saw the word "cutscene"

My bad I guess Tongue
The cutscene which causes the freeze is an FMV. The game continues without any problems if you skip the FMV, it only freezes if you let the FMV play out to the end.
(01-21-2018, 01:55 PM)Ulblast Wrote: The cutscene which causes the freeze is an FMV. The game continues without any problems if you skip the FMV, it only freezes if you let the FMV play out to the end.
Thanks for the update. That's the typical issue. Hopefully my update will fix this in a couple of weeks.