[Bug Report] Breath Of Fire V Dragon Quarter [NTSC-U]
AI Hangs in battle, sometimes it can take 3 seconds or 5 minutes for them to act, frame limit unlock seems to have no effect on how fast they react. I never played the original ps2 version so not sure if it's the game or emulation, could not find anything about this anywhere else.
PCSX2 Version 1.0.0
CPU Options Default, tried with all different settings and no change.
Direct x 9 and direct x 11 give same bug.

Sponsored links

Quote:I never played the original ps2 version

So what version is this regarding? After all, this is a ps2 emulator. Tongue
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-20-2013, 04:21 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: So what version is this regarding? After all, this is a ps2 emulator. Tongue

I mean I never played it on an actual ps2, so I don't know if this is a bug with the game or a bug with the emulation. Thought that was pretty clear.
Error messages when it hangs?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-20-2013, 05:09 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Error messages when it hangs?

The game itself does not hang, everything is still actually playing, it's just the ai seems to take forever to make a move sometime, so no error message or crash.
You sure you had no speedhacks on while testing? They mess timings as an extra feature(and it would also make the bug repport useless;p).

If you didn't, you can try "EE timing hack" under Config>Emulation Settings>Manual game fixes, it might fix stuff like that. You can also try newer pcsx2 version.
(06-20-2013, 06:17 AM)miseru99 Wrote: You sure you had no speedhacks on while testing? They mess timings as an extra feature(and it would also make the bug repport useless;p).

If you didn't, you can try "EE timing hack" under Config>Emulation Settings>Manual game fixes, it might fix stuff like that. You can also try newer pcsx2 version.

I normally play with them on, but I tried redoing the specific fights causing it without them and it still randomly hangs like that. I didn't try turning on the EE timing hack manually cause I thought that if it called for it, it turns itself on automatically. I also tried the latest svn as well as 9.8 and 9.9, all do it still.

I'm kinda wondering if it's the game itself, if anyone has ever played it on the actual ps2 or has played it without this issue would be great to know.
you could still try to transfer your save to your PS2 and see if that part hangs too on your PS2...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2013, 09:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you could still try to transfer your save to your PS2 and see if that part hangs too on your PS2...

If I still had one I would, but I don't. If anyone here wants to I can provide the save file needed.
if you don't have one anymore, then you have no legal right to use pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go