[Bug Report] Digital Devil Saga [NTSC]
# PCSX 0.9.6, PCSX beta 1059
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0, vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Gsdx 0.1.14 SSE2, spu2-x 1.1.0, Gigaherz's CDVD 0.7.0
# BIOS US V2.0 & US V1.6
#Description: After some movies and intro scene to a fight the game is getting a "ghost" image which even stays if you save state, load state.

This seems to make some of the graphics look corrupted, which normally look fine. Also this ghost image only shows up when you are in explore mode or cutscenes it goes away if you are in a battle,karma temples,vendors and AMV sequences.

If you reload game using memcard the ghost image is gone. Other wise game runs perfectly and no crashes thus far.

[Image: dds.jpg]
[Image: dds2.jpg]

Sponsored links

This is a bug with Gsdx hardware mode. (I'm pretty sure it goes away in software, although someone else might want to check/confirm me on that statement).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I just tried the newest version of GSDx I could find(1006 SSE2 0.1.15) and the ghost image problem seems to be fixed, but it is now causing crashes about 90% of the time when you enter into a battle.
I have the same "ghost" image in Onimuhsa: Dawn of Dreams after a certain point of playing.
(04-26-2009, 03:28 AM)Vade Wrote: I just tried the newest version of GSDx I could find(1006 SSE2 0.1.15) and the ghost image problem seems to be fixed, but it is now causing crashes about 90% of the time when you enter into a battle.

Can you try some battles with the older GSdx, and confirm that the crashes are indeed a GSdx problem?
I doubt it, that's why.
The older GSDx's had no crashed but they did have the ghost image just like 0.1.14(I tried 0.1.11-0.1.14), I completed the game with 0.1.14 and the only problem it had was the ghost image, only crashes I ever had were the typical minimize/maximize crash when I did it on accident.

I also just downloaded GSDx r1075 0.1.15 and it seems to have fixed the crash 1006 would get from entering battles and no ghost images, I test played about 20 battles just to make sure and did not have a single crash. So it seems like this issue is pretty much resolved as long as you use r1075.

on a side note, I am playing digital devil saga 2 NTSC now and with 0.1.14 it had the ghost image also, I have about 5 hours or so on it with r1075, so far its very stable.
Ok, good to hear. I'm regularly testing this game as well, so I'm sure I'd have noticed new crashing problems (It had lots of those once Tongue2 ).
If it doesn't crash, it's not an emu bug. So, it's a problem with gsdx. Not something that should stay here. Closed and moved.