[Bug Report] Dot Hack Infection [NTSC]
Ok guys I had a little problem with the numerotation of my versions Glare.
The game works in svn 998 but it breaks in svn 999 Biggrin.

Another interesting fact : I did all my tests with EE sync hack x1.5. If I turn off this speedhack, the game crashes in every single version of pcsx2 I have (back to svn720).

Sponsored links

hmm potentially an emitter bug then, will alert Air when he gets back
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-03-2009, 10:51 PM)refraction Wrote: hmm potentially an emitter bug then, will alert Air when he gets back

r999 is Rama's cycle scaling hackfix. Nothing to do with emitter. Sad

So what happened is that r999 changes the behavior of the 1.5x sync hack, a speed at which .Hack "magically" worked at before. Nightblue: have you tried 2.0x speed hack with r999? Chances are it won't work, but is worth a try.

Anyways there's no telling what's causing this game to crash. Could be counters, could be VIF, SIF, or another DMA... or could be CDVD. They're all known to get fixed/unfixed by various oddball cycles for specific games.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(05-04-2009, 03:56 AM)Air Wrote: Nightblue: have you tried 2.0x speed hack with r999? Chances are it won't work, but is worth a try.
With r999, the game still breaks with EE sync hack x2 but works with x3.
In the latest svn (r1130), the game doesn't crash with EE sync hack x2, weird Wacko. I will try to go further in the game to see if it stays that way.
Some updates on Dot Hack.
In the latest SVN (1296) with latest plugins, the game crashes at startup with Gdsx. It works with ZeroGS so it must be a Gdsx related bug.
The latest stable revision of Gdsx I have is 1192, more recent versions (1239 to 1295) crash.
Try using the EE Rec, both common VU recs and micro VU0. It helps at least in G.U, I don't know if the four original ones are fixed like that too.
You're right stpdrgstr, the game doesn't crash in town with the new microVU0 hack. But the startup crash is caused by Gdsx.
And even with most speedhacks enabled, there is huge slowdowns during cutscenes :/ .
"But the startup crash is caused by Gdsx"

Use native resolution.

"And even with most speedhacks enabled, there is huge slowdowns during cutscenes :/ "

Specs? And, use DX10 with this game.
(05-31-2009, 02:53 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Use native resolution.
Thanks it fixes the startup crash Laugh.
(05-31-2009, 02:53 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: "And even with most speedhacks enabled, there is huge slowdowns during cutscenes :/ "
Specs? And, use DX10 with this game.
I'm on Windows XP so I'm using Direct X9 :/.
My specs: Q6600, GeForce 8800GT, 4Go RAM.
Plugins (with latest revieions): Gdsx, Lilypad, SPU2-X, Linuz Iso CDVD.
"I'm on Windows XP so I'm using Direct X9"

This is your problem, these games run poorly with DX9. Your hardware should be ok.