[Bug Report] FFX thunder plains ramdom freeze BUG
I searched the forum and find nothing metion this BUG,as entering the battle screen in thunder plains,sometime the battle menu just won't appear,leave me hanging there,the music and animation is normal tho.

PCSX 9.6.0

GFX plugin: GSdx 0.1.14 SSSE3
Sound Plugin: SPU-x 1.1
PAD plugin: Lilypad 0.9.10
CD/DVD plugin: Linuz/Pg ISO 0.8.0
Speedhacks: 2x
Advanced settings: default
CPU settings: EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS, frame limit
PC spec:
CPU:e5200 OC to 4G
GPU:NVIDIA 9600GT
MEMORY:2G 333 ddr2
Sound Card:Creative Audigy 1

WinXP SP3

Sponsored links

This bug is a very old one. I didn't know it still persists! Smile Btw it's Pcsx2 0.9.6, not 9.6.0 Laugh Hmmm.. Maybe because you are using speed hacks ?
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

Try using the SSE2 version of GSdx,I remembered that helped in this random freeze point
[Image: newsig.jpg]
no good,uncheck all speed hack,and use SSE2 GSDX,problem still exist.

tring to get through the area by using save stat.
PC spec:
CPU:e5200 OC to 4G
GPU:NVIDIA 9600GT
MEMORY:2G 333 ddr2
Sound Card:Creative Audigy 1

WinXP SP3
Try with the latest beta....
The only way is to use save states then. When I played it in Pcsx2 it used to freeze, but not too often. Anyway, it was a very old version of Pcsx2. You could try using the last beta and see if it helps.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

(03-17-2009, 03:30 PM)Gentleman Wrote: The only way is to use save states then. When I played it in Pcsx2 it used to freeze, but not too often. Anyway, it was a very old version of Pcsx2. You could try using the last beta and see if it helps.
I've encountered this once with INTC hack enabled. Not sure if they are related, but you could try disabling it. Oh, and I was using bleeding edge SVN build, probably r780 or something close.
I know this thread is two months old, but I just wanted to verify that I too am getting this bug in the thunder plains in FFX and that it still exists. It usually happens at the start of the same fight, the one with the Lightning elemental, the eye with wings, and the lion looking caster. It also happened once when I switched Lulu for Rikku (in the same enemy encounter type), Lulu ran off the screen but Rikku never came in, the game just hung.

What I'm using...
EMU: PCSX2 0.9.6
GFX: Gsdx 1145 (SSE4 0.1.15)
SND: P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0
CDR: Linuz ISO 0.8.0.
Notes: Also, I'm not using any speed hacks at all.

I figured it was worth mentioning so the problem doesn't go ignored and the devs can maybe address the issue in their next release. Perhaps it's one of the options under the Advanced section that's doing it. I've also read somewhere else that v0.9.2 doesn't have this issue, I have yet to try it myself tho. If I learn anything more I'll make a followup.
just want to state this problem still exists, tried a ton of configurations, even microVU and it still hangs (latest rev, latest of all plugins), i had to use save states and even using those might not be a good idea, for instance i had a saved state right before a fight, and it didn't matter what i do or change since after taking two steps in any direction that same fight would start and the game hanged, to my luck sometimes the fight started with an ambush so it wouldn't hang in that occasion
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]
Using ZeroGS should give no crash,test that
[Image: newsig.jpg]