[Bug Report]Grandia III[NTSC]
Playground version: SVN 626
Cpu Options. EE REC, VU Recs, MTGS on
Plugins used:
GFX: GDSX 0.1.14 SSEE3, ZEROGS 0.97.1 pg
Sound: SPU2GHZ playground
Control: SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: Linuz/Pg Iso CDVD 0.8.0, Gigahertz's CDVD 0.70

Bug: Emulator hangs on cutscene transition after the Gladys being kidnapped cutscene. I Have played with all the settings in the video plugin, Cpu, Speed hacks, and advanced settings areas. Nothing seems to get it past the hang. I had a similar hang earlier but was able to fix it by playing with the settings. No luck this time though.

Otherwise game plays and looks great with the D3D internal res set to 2048x2048 except for the ingame cutscenes which run slow. Odd note is it seems that some cutscenes are prerecorded and others are run realtime with the game engine. You can really notice the quality and speed difference of those cutscenes.

Sponsored links

Cutscenes which runs with the game engine are really slow ( 10-30 fps). I think its Gsdx issue.

Added later:
Playground version: SVN 632 vtlb
Cpu Options. EE REC, VU Recs, MTGS on, X2 cycle rate, other two speedhacs are on
GFX: Gsdx 891 0.1.14 SSE4.1 ( 1280*1024 res, DX9); Zero GS 0.97.1 pg no AA
Sound: SPU2GHZ playground
Control: LilyPad 0.9.7
Cdvdrom: P.E.Op.S. CDVD 1.3.0

Mass slowdowns still exist ( see attachments) and the save states is broken.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
(01-25-2009, 11:03 PM)Summoner Wrote: Cutscenes which runs with the game engine are really slow ( 10-30 fps). I think its Gsdx issue.

Not really it's the same with ZeroGS if you are using any kind of AA. I just though it was weird they didn't go all one way or the other.
(01-25-2009, 11:03 PM)Summoner Wrote: Cutscenes which runs with the game engine are really slow ( 10-30 fps). I think its Gsdx issue.
GFX: Gsdx 891 0.1.14 SSE4.1 ( 1280*1024 res, DX9);
Mass slowdowns still exist ( see attachments)

There is no real slowdown issue. The game is just very GPU dependant and with your gpu, you really shouldn't be forcing that kind of internal resolution from it.
Look at your own first attachement, it shows that your gpu is the bottleneck at the top of the screen.
Yeah forcing 2048x2048 looks awesome for everything else but on an 8800GT the in game cutscenes slow down to 20-25FPS. That doesn't bother me as much as this hang I can't get by which amusingly is a prerecorded cutscene which runs fast just looks like crap compared to all the rest.
(01-26-2009, 08:53 AM)Wortany Wrote: There is no real slowdown issue.

Too bad, this is not Pcsx2 bug. In some reason, cutscenes take a lot of GPU power but in the same time the normal game running at 80+ fps.
Just wondering which GPU needed for playing cutscenes with full speed, like 45+ fps.
Hmm actually I wonder if my prob is actually a bug since I haven't sen anyone else with the same issue. It could be that I'm the first to hit this issue as it's a relatively new bug or just as likely it could be my cd/cd drive acting up.
Founded a nice solution against those slowdowns Happy : try use oldest Gsdx plugin and you will be able playing Grandia 3 with nice graphic and speed. Linear texture filtering, PS3 and DX9 renderer use only.
Oh and the hang is not a disk problem. Same hang with borrowing another disk. So it appears to truly be an emulator bug.
(01-28-2009, 01:10 PM)dralor Wrote: Oh and the hang is not a disk problem. Same hang with borrowing another disk. So it appears to truly be an emulator bug.

Just skip the scene before as Pcsx2 hang. Im successfully finished Disk 1. Sometimes Pcsx2-Pg randomly crashed but its not very big problem.