[Bug Report] Incredible High Cpu and gpu usage on version 1.6 Stable
I was playing god of war 1 EUR, Open Gl, 4x native resolution hacks on balanced my cpu and gpu was like 100% all the time heating like crazy, downloaded version 1.4 Directx 11 Hardware, 4x native resolution hacks on balanced, cpu and gpu get barely half of the way and get better fps and temperatures same game.

Yes i did try to use directx 11 on version 1,6 but i got some crazy shadow bug and could not see any better temperatures and power usage.

god of war 1 at least get some weird crazy Chromatic Aberration on version 1,6 try to fix it but no sucess, also on 1,4 i can use 16x anistropic and my gpu barely goes beyong 50%

Pc Specs:

Gtx 1050 TI
I5 3470 3,2ghz
12 gb ram ddr3

i know my hardware is old, but for 2005 game even on emulation, should not get 100% and 74c heat, pretty weid, on 1.4 i can play even on 7 to 6x native resolution no problem on 1,6 even on 3x i get extremely high usages.

Sponsored links

that's not a bug.
over time, pcsx2 became more accurate, and thus more demanding. things improved with ogl renderer and vulkan one.
dx11 still works, but is more or less deprecated these days

Give latest nighthly build a try
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-29-2022, 09:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that's not a bug.
over time, pcsx2 became more accurate, and thus more demanding. things improved with ogl renderer and vulkan one.
dx11 still works, but is more or less deprecated these days

Give latest nighthly build a try

i mean, how does a increase in gpu and cpu usage + unstable fps is a improve?? if it gets more depending doing to same thing does that not sound like its a bug?? hehe personaly i will stay with 1.4 i get good fps low temperatures and WAAAY better graphics

i will give this nightly build a try
Quote:i mean, how does a increase in gpu and cpu usage + unstable fps is a improve??
it's an improvement, since pcsx2 is now more accurate. if your hardware is unable to cope wioth the new requirements, nothing we can do about it.
your cpu is simply too low for pcsx2
(09-30-2022, 03:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it's an improvement, since pcsx2 is now more accurate. if your hardware is unable to cope wioth the new requirements, nothing we can do about it.
your cpu is simply too low for pcsx2

no man... hehe its a bug believe me, it is a bug. im using the night version for over 15 days now, way more accurate way more graphics and updates and my cpu is only using 30%... even better than 1.4 that i said it was the best. Like i said improvement getting more demanding and less fps and graphics and its not better man, i felt that was a bug and it is since the newest version i get awesome gameplay quality with just 1/4 of my pc power. you dont notice because your pc has skyhigh power, it makes no difference to you, but a quad core cpu will feel that. I know my cpu is old, but pcx2 is not THAT heavy we should not need a 2022 16 cores cpu to run it. in the newst night version i5 3470 runs perfectly on 30-40% usage 0 bugs and fps drops even more smoother like if it was a pc game...

using 30% cpu on 1.4 and then 100% of everything in 1.6 makes no sense. ok a increased use of 10% (like im getting in the newst version) its normal. But using the entire thing?? i also saw someone with a ryzen getting 90% on 1.6 it is bug, if you are staff, see if you can do something with the version 1,6 changing the stable to a most recent one like 1.7 or something to fix this orr not, since 1.8 stable is coming and its way better than the other ones.

good afternoon man.
(10-16-2022, 06:26 PM)ItaloVieira19 Wrote: if you are staff, see if you can do something with the version 1,6 changing the stable to a most recent one like 1.7 or something to fix this orr not, since 1.8 stable is coming and its way better than the other ones.

good afternoon man.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
thats was a lot of fun.
ok, since your provblem is solved, i guess this can be closed.

Thanks for the lulz