[Bug Report] Mana Khemia - Alchemists of Al-Revis (NTSC-U)
Ok. What is a regression like text stuff (same commit) ?

Edit: and could you test the preload data/frame hack

Sponsored links

I quickly tried the game. I didn't see any issue if I remain in the HW mode.
So, I found dx9/dx11 hardware mode affected as well. And v1.5.0-dev-595-g2c02094 wasn't (obviously). I can record you a vid if you don't trust me. It is broken.

preload hack didn't help
It isn't that I don't trust you. I'm trying to decipher your information. To debug it I need to reproduce it on my computer.

So let's try to sum it up.

So the build 707 introduce a regression on the background of Mana Khemia. And latest git didn't fix the regression.

There is also a similar issue, if you switch renderer during the game. Be sure to not enable hack that automacially switch the renderer for FMV.

Edit: normally the build 719 fix a regression introduced in 707.
@madoka,
Could you test this PR https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/ad...t-17608817

You could find later some build from Appveyor bot here https://ci.appveyor.com/project/gregory3...h7pdfv9lyg
Also can you verify that you didn't use any savestates at all when you got that garbled screen?
Yes, correct. And unfortunately, that build doesn't contain fix for this problem.

Save from memorycard. Tried since there was that one time when savestate somehow managed to get broken before last boss fight in Shadow Hearts, just to be sure. Probably not a problem in this case.

By the way, setting emulation preset to "safe" (from normal "balanced" or "aggressive") fixes everything. And also manual EE cycle rate to zero (i.e. "aggressive" or any above preset with manual override). >_<
Well if that fixes it then it's not an actual bug. It's an error caused by changing the cyclerate of the EE. There is nothing that can be done to fix this.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Shall I mark this Invalid?
I'm not so sure since there was no such issue before 707.