Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Bug Report] Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater [PAL]
# Pcsx2 version: Beta Release 1474
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.15 (hardware and software, dx10)or zerogs 0.97.1
# Description: The game plays fine through animated scenes like text or the menu, but once a cutscene/gameplay starts, the game becomes slowed-down. Not necessarily choppy, but it looks as if it were in slow motion. It can't be my hardware, as I'm using a generally good gaming computer.

Also, before I used the beta build of PCSX2, I used version 0.9.6, and the results were the same. Could anyone help me out? Thanks in advance, and sorry if I didn't use the correct bug reporting format, I'm new here.

Sponsored links

what is the reported FPS compared to what you are getting? If they are about the same this is not a bug.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
I'm not sure what you mean by reported FPS, but my average in-game goes from 60 in the first few seconds of the opening cutscene to a constant 20-range FPS.
ok FPS is not a bug, this is a support issue, moving to the correct section
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
Also another bug is corrupted reflections.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770s 3.1 GHz (Turbo 3.9 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4096 MB
RAM: 8192 MB DDR3
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LK
Alright, thank you, and sorry for the confusion.
So, is there anything I can do to increase my FPS? I know I don't have a bad system, I have a Vista with 4gb RAM, and AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.61 GHz. My graphics card is an 8800 GT, and I might be getting a new one soon. What's the problem?

Here are my settings:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
well, did you try any speed hacks? last time i tested this game it works fine even with "vu cycle stealing" set to very large speedup
CPU Core i5-3570K@3.4GHz | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Nope, will try.

By the way, off-topic, just noticed my username is Big Bule, I was planning to make it Big Blue... hehe
Just tried speed hacks, no luck. Made it look worse, if anything.

Oops, sorry about the double post.