[Bug Report] NCAAF 06/11 Camera Issue
I have 2006 and 2011 versions of ncaaf football both working perfectly for me except for one issue. The exact same problem persist in both versions.. maybe others. (these are the only two versions i've played on pcsx2 so far)

When playing in an indoor stadium.. or 'dome' to be specific, i lose the ability to play using the OVERHEAD CAMERA. the option becomes unavailable and i'm left only with the other camera views as options. (classic, zoom, sideline ect,. all which still function properly, they're just not my preferred choice of camera view)

just to be clear, examples of when the issue occurs are during the SEC championship game (Georgia Dome)  the Minnesota stadium (another dome) and any other covered/roofed stadium where playoff/championship games are played indoors.

i have full clamping+extra options selected to be able to see the stands and stadium in game. normally it all works perfectly. i've tried disabling this to see if it fixes the issue among other tweaks but nothing i've tried so far gives me the option to use the overhead camera in dome or indoor/covered stadiums. i've searched the forums and web for countless hours looking for a fix/workaround and haven't even found another post with users having the same issue, much less a solution.

i know it seems like a picky preference but i just can't bring myself to play using the other camera options. it all but ruins my game play experience.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-14-2017, 11:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

CPU = AMD FX 8350 Eight Core

RAM = 16 Gigs Hyperfury X ddr5

GPU = Nvidia GTX950oc

OS = Windows 7 pro

PCSX2 v1.4.0

running the game on default settings - through minimal speed hacks to try and pinpoint the issue. everything works as intended on any setting.
running NCAAF 2006 ISO/NCAAF 2011 ISO - exact same issue on both game versions
I've never heard of the emulator removing options from games, usually you have the options but they don't work correctly.

Are you sure you can use the overhead camera on your ps2 when in the dome? Seems convenient to me that the high up camera isn't available on an indoor map.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-14-2017, 02:00 PM)refraction Wrote: I've never heard of the emulator removing options from games, usually you have the options but they don't work correctly.

Are you sure you can use the overhead camera on your ps2 when I'm the dome? Seems convenient to me that the high up camera isn't available on an indoor map.
I presume you meant to say something?

never had an issue with the overhead camera on any console ever.. including my ps2. it has been my preferred choice of camera view since i was a buck from day one. never had an interest in playing on any other camera mode settings, and never had to until now.
i thought it might be specific to the 2011 release but it's persistent across game versions. at least to 2006.
i've never heard of it either. i always try to find workarounds on my own and 99% of the time i can fix any given issue pc/tech wise but as i said before.. there's literally nothing on these forums and/or web regarding this particular issue. at least none that i can find.

the overhead camera 'option' works perfectly in open air stadiums in game. it's only in domes that the overhead camera option disappears and defaults to classic cam.

i have 0 issues running roms. i have good game play speed. fantastic resolution. high frame rates. minimal to none glitches/freezes/crashes. couldn't be happier or more satisfied emulating otherwise. everything is super smooth outside of this one little nagging issue.
That is a very strange issue :/ Not sure why you'd not get an option like that :/

i kept hitting dead ends to a solution. that's why i came here. i hate to waste anyone's valuable time but i thought i'd give the pros within the pcsx community a go at it and see what turned up.
Check the game on your PS2. You might remember this option differently than it actually is.