[Bug Report] Project Zero 2 (Fatal Frame 2) PAL
Ok I'm gonna try April 21 but I'm sorry I don't know how to apply a patch in Git... I would need a patched GSdx or an explanation how to do it. Believe me I tried but Git is an all new world to me, I'm mainly a gamer.

Sponsored links

I'm about to patch and compile a DLL with gregory's latest patch. It will be in the Persona 4 thread soon.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thanks Blyss Sarania. Gregory's latest patch doesn't help. Here's the log. I will test April 21 tomorrow.

Attached Files
.rar   emuLog.rar (Size: 1,32 KB / Downloads: 220)
Your log does suggest that it at least has something to do with the FIFO since the last bit goes:

Code:
GSDX: ReadFIFO    DONE
GSDX: InitReadFIFO    DONE
GSDX: ReadFIFO    DONE
GSDX: Init

As in, it didn't finish printing the InitReadFIFO line cuz it crashed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yes I think that April 21 will crash too and that it's maybe this commit that broke something on Project Zero 2 : https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/f7...f536678ee1
this commit was broken but it was fixed later.

Did you remove some lines from the emulog. I add some messages on the core side but I don't see them, actually you have barely any PCSX2 message.
Quote:Suspending single plugin: GS
Saving GS
Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS

Where do you get the error exactly in the game? I hope in the start so I can try it on my side.
That's strange because I didn't remove anything, you have the entire log there.

The crash seems to be totally random, it happens sometimes after 10 minutes or sometimes after almost one hour. It's not at a location in particular, you can start the game and it should crash sooner or later. I don't know if it's important but I play it at 60Hz.
just to rule it out, can you make sure spu2-x isnt using xaudio2?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I checked and I always use Portaudio with WASAPI exclusive mode. I tested again gregory's latest patch but this time with all defaut speedhacks and MVTU disabled. It crashed after one hour. The log seems to tell the same thing as before.

Attached Files
.rar   emuLog2.rar (Size: 2,14 KB / Downloads: 222)
I've just tested the GIT build compiled on April 21 and the issue is still there. I continued to play with PCSX2 r5932 and I was very surprised but it crashed too... Sorry I really thought that this version was fine but I guess I was just lucky before, it's really hard to be sure because the crash might happens after one hour sometimes.

I will try other versions, I'm pretty sure that this issue wasn't in PCSX2 1.2.1 but well I will verify now that I know that I have to play a very long time to be sure.