[Bug Report] Random freezing
Moving to general discussion.. Also, by the names of the drivers that crash..
Make sure you use the official 0.9.7 package.

Edit: Whops, already there Tongue2

Sponsored links

(07-24-2010, 03:54 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: maybe it was overheating....

Nope, never got past 60C which is pretty damn cool for a 3850, I'm pretty sure it was a case of bad batch.
Sounds like a stability issue.

Like others have mentioned the log viewer is a good place to start.
Look for gpu error logs and drive error logs.
If none then stability test.

Here's some programs you can use to test:
Memtest86+
S&M
SuperPI
Prime95

There are alt ver's of prime and superpi.
I don't reccomend you use the original memtest ver, it's buggy.
Memtest86+ is the one you'de want, get the iso ver and burn a disk.

And general gaming, video playback, web surfing, etc are good tests after you've ran the main testing apps...
(I don't expect you to run a 48 hour run of prime95 at high fft's, I don't even do that anymore)

You find an error, hopefully it's re-producable to some extent and halfway quickly.
And you work on getting it stable by upping the voltages for diff things or changing up the timings for your board or memory.

You might want to check your cooling as well.
Check for dust, to much and heat will rise alot.
You may have to replace the thermal gel on your cpu...
Or replace fans, etc.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM
Quote:Make sure you use the official 0.9.7 package.

I do.

Quote:Sounds like a stability issue.

The thing is, the freezing happens exclusively while running pcsx2 or Just Cause2, the latter takes 3 hours of gaming at least, while the former 10 minutes +-10, with speedhacks on my computer freezes up almost immediately.

Also, the only error messages I get now are involving something about Kerberos , and happen on startup. There is nothing else in the logs.
Okay, this is an unstable machine.
If it's a retail computer, call up the support and see what options they offer to fix it.

Alternatively, if you know what you're doing, check the ventilation of the system and
see if all cables are properly connected.
Does the computer get very slow just before it crashes? This would be the perfect indication
for an overheating processor.
Quote:heck the ventilation of the system and
see if all cables are properly connected

everything´s fine

Quote:Does the computer get very slow just before it crashes?

Nope, it just crashes. Randomly. While running the emulator. Without any indication of problems. That´s why I´m obliged to whore the save state function every 10 seconds.
alright run some stress test like occt or prime and see if it's your cpu/ram fault.
Don't do that. It's pointless.
The only thing this could show is if the issue is the video card, or if it is something of all the rest Tongue2

Sudden drop outs could be because of an overstressed power supply unit or failing hardware.
This is rather hard to debug over a forum, so I suggest you ask a friend for help or debug it yourself if you can.
Just saying that it's unlikely we can really help you here.
mnh
I googled around the internet, lots of people have the same problem, but never find a solution, most threads just end up unanswered or like this one, without any clue what could be the problem.

Could it be that pcsx2 or its plugins have issues working on 64x systems?
Sure. Any software can have problems that causes crashes.

Your issue is a general one though as your pc game causes the same (or similar) crashes.