[Bug Report] Random freezing
So I got this really wierd problem, my pc freezes up randomly on any game I try to run in the emulator. When running God Hand the freeze comes in 5-6 minutes or so, while persona4 or killer7 can run half an hour or even more before freezing. Or they just freeze on the 6th minute of play.

Somebody suggested to update my audio drivers, but thats it, nothing changed, tweaking around also does nothing.

Any clue on what could be the problem?
PS: The pc sometimes freezes up in quite the same way, but that usually happens when you play Just Cause 2 for 3 hours straight.

dxdiag.txt attached

Attached Files
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 31,45 KB / Downloads: 338)

Sponsored links

Do you mean the machine freezes to the point you lose all accesses to it?

Look for Errors/Critical messages in the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> event viewer -> Windows Logs -> System

That can be done even after a machine reboot.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Quote:Do you mean the machine freezes to the point you lose all accesses to it?
yes

at the specific moment I the system freezed I got 6 errors
either
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys could not be loaded
or
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\libusb0.sys could not be loaded
both because of compatiblity issues
Not pcsx2 bug, it's either your hardware or software (windows, driver) failure.
seems, but its still pcsx2 related
my bet is on your gpu, either hardware fail, driver fail, os installation fail, or worst psu fail. it's pcsx2 related cause pcsx2 USE the gpu, see?
so how can I prevent such crap from happening?
format your pc. do a clean install of windows and after that install latest drivers for everything and all windows updates. with all those you will be able to learn of its a software problem or a hardware one. if its still happening its a hardware one (probably)

also be sure you clean your pc as better as you can and be sure everything is connected properly
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
my last gpu also exhibit this syndrome and I had to downclock the gpu core and mem speed to make it stable.
maybe it was overheating....
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest