[Bug Report] Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked [NTSC-U]
PCSX2 Version: Nightly v.1.7.4866
CPU Options: EE/IOP Defaults, VUs defaults
Plugins used: Direct 3D11
Description: Weird artifacts when running the game at native resolution on Direct 3D11. Running the game on software mode looks fine, so does running the game at native resolution on Direct3D12. Running the game above 1.25x resolution on Direct3D11 removes the artifacts.

Attached pictures showing the game at Direct3D11, software and Direct3D12.

Sponsored links

1 please update
2 what are your specs ?
3 - why D3D11 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-03-2023, 07:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 please update
2 what are your specs ?
3 - why D3D11 ?

1. Sorry for neglecting to update, turns out after updating the artifacts don't show up anymore on D3D11. I guess the problem is solved now, but in case you need the other info:

2. GTX 1050
i5-8300H
8GB RAM

3. Coincidence, I usually use D3D12, but was just switching between renderers when I notice this odd behavior.

I see that the thread was moved to Discussion and Support, if this is a well know problem with D3D11 I apologize, I tested in different games if the same thing was happening and it wasn't so I assumed it was a problem with Deadlocked specifically.
(09-03-2023, 06:36 PM)deleteTF Wrote: 1. Sorry for neglecting to update, turns out after updating the artifacts don't show up anymore on D3D11. I guess the problem is solved now, but in case you need the other info:

2. GTX 1050
i5-8300H
8GB RAM

3. Coincidence, I usually use D3D12, but was just switching between renderers when I notice this odd behavior.

I see that the thread was moved to Discussion and Support, if this is a well know problem with D3D11 I apologize, I tested in different games if the same thing was happening and it wasn't so I assumed it was a problem with Deadlocked specifically.

why are you sticking to DX11 with that kind of gpu ?
why dont you use vulkan ?
(09-03-2023, 07:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: why are you sticking to DX11 with that kind of gpu ?
why dont you use vulkan ?

I don't, I normally use D3D12, which is fine for most games. I was having some spontaneous frame drops with this game, which is why I was testing Native resolution with different renderers, which is when I encountered the artifacts.

I do use Vulkan sometimes, didn't notice much difference when testing for this game, but I will stick to it for a while longer and see what happens. Thanks for the help.
(09-03-2023, 07:47 PM)deleteTF Wrote: I don't, I normally use D3D12, which is fine for most games. I was having some spontaneous frame drops with this game, which is why I was testing Native resolution with different renderers, which is when I encountered the artifacts.

I do use Vulkan sometimes, didn't notice much difference when testing for this game, but I will stick to it for a while longer and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

better use automatic renderer when you don't know what you're doing