[Bug Report ] SD Gundam G Generation Seed [NTSC - J]
# PCSX2 version: PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873
# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults, no speedhack,
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 rev 5334 (hardware and software, dx10), SPU2-X v2 rev 5324
# Error: CDVD READ ERROR, sector = 0x001ab061
# Description: Game Crashes when map weapons are used. They play a mini fmv in the middle of the screen. The crash can be avoided 90% of the time by pressing start during these but, on the last stage there is a FMV which you cant skip so the game hangs. I've tried this on ISO and real copy of the game. I've tried with fmv skip game fix and that just causes the screen to go to black or the game to just crash. Sorry about bumping the old thread i'm just use to other fourms where thats more the normal.

Sponsored links

Please post the full emulog.txt after the crash. From PCSX2/logs or My Documents/PCSX2/logs

(and we just like everyone to make a new thread for their problems, because there are many variables like what your hardware is, etc.)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-04-2014, 11:41 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Please post the full emulog.txt after the crash. From PCSX2/logs or My Documents/PCSX2/logs

(and we just like everyone to make a new thread for their problems, because there are many variables like what your hardware is, etc.)

since this is a bugreport shouldn't it be moved to Bug reporting .
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
i didnt get a log cuz the game only locks up but this is everything from the consol.

http://pastebin.com/BKmwFZJG

i put it in a pastebin cuz i have no clue if you frown on huge post or not. Also sorry if i made this in the wrong area it was 3 or 4am for me when i made the post.
1-do you own another ps2 ?
2-trie loading grom memcard instead of savestate ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Doesnt matter if i load from Memory Card or save state it happens with all the FMV like vids in the game. I have a japanese ps2 and the real game its just its dying so why i was trying on the emu to play it. works fine other then the game locks on because of the fmv's.
Unfortunately, since you only have this PS2 model, it's highly possible you'll get troubels when emulating.
Thus it's hard to determine whether it's a real bug or not...
oh it works fine on my japanese ps2. its just my ps2 is getting old and i dont like using it as much. But this problem also happens with other people it seems. i might just have to wait for a newer vers of pcsx2 that might fix this issue.
That's not what I meant.
this specific PS2 model with this particular bios is known to cause issue.
That's why it's hard to know if the problem comes from pcsx2 itself
I manage to bypass the dreaded end crash

Its not a real fix just forcing the emulator to ignore most if graphic hack

i just save state at the point when countdown FMV play activate the hack thenload state there

Then again i just can bypass it 2 out of 5 try so i cant say it was true fix

edit:
Since nobody have ever post the log when error happened i will add it too as attachment i hope someone can make the real fix for the issue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)