[Bug Report] SEGA Ages 2500 vol18 - Dragon Force [NTSC-J]
# PCSX2 version: Official v0.9.6 release, Official v0.9.7 beta release
# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on and off
# Plugins used: GSdx 3068 0.1.16 (hardware and software, dx10), ZeroGS 0.97.1, SPU2-X r3117 1.4.0, ZeroSPU2 r3061 0.4.6
# Description: Game music plays for 2sec and then loops indefinitly during gameplay (inside castle/map/battle screen), but plays fine in the option's sound test and title screen.

Edit: After looking at the CDVD info on the console it seems that when the music plays fine, the dvd is read continously.
During gameplay, dvd is only read twice when music starts then never read again.

Sponsored links

Might be worth trying peops cdvd instead of gigas cdvd, at least tonight me and plot found a couple of games in which gigas cdvd isnt so happy!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

There seems to be a music problem with the Sega Ages 2500 Collection.
I have Vol.32 - Phantasy Star Collection and Vol. 33 - Fantasy Zone Collection and in both of them the music (along with the game) slows down even though PCSX2 is showing 60 fps (i don't use speedhacks).
After some testing and fiddling with settings i found out that setting the EE cyclerate hack higher will cause the game to go even slower than normal. Seems to me that the default internal frequency of the EE is set too low.
A little bit more information on this I found while playing around with the game, similar settings to those used by the OP however using Peops CDVD 1.3.0 plugin.

I found that if when you make it to the field map after starting a new game, if you then suspend the game (via the field options) go back to the main menu and the music on it and the BGM test now loops.

Additionally if you then restart PCSX2 and load the suspended game from the main menu the field music will play fine, this will continue even if you are called to domestic affairs (When the timer runs out) and are brought back to the castle, the music will play perfectly fine every time it changes.

From that point if you enter into battle with someone the error will occur again on the general select screen and will persist from that point onwards.

From what I have seen the bug occurs in two places at this time, the first is after the opening event sequences for each kingdom, the second is when you enter the general select screen.

As stated in the original post it appears cdvd reads the cd for a few seconds and then stops reading, this causes the music to loop.
thanks for all the informations.

As a complement of info, it seems that each time a voice has to be played during the game, it messes up with the BGM.
I tried to turn off the voices in the option of the game and then music goes fine until the first battle because even with voices turned off, there's a battle cry that has to be loaded from the CD and is played before the battle start.
It messes up with the continuous loading of the BGM so the music starts to loop from battle and then the whole time after that. Need to reboot pcsx2 and relaunch the game. which is sad because the BGM in this game rox ^^
music loop has been fixed with build r5426.
good job!
Sure took a while then, eh? Tongue2