[Bug Report] Shining Force EXA (NTSC-U)
Hello! I would like to report something that has happened while playing Shining Force EXA. I apologize in advance if there's anything that I've overlooked.

# PCSX2 version: PCSX2 1.2.1
# CPU options: All are in their default settings (I didn't change anything)

# Plugins used: [Image: 2niuxz6.jpg]

# Description: Everytime I start the game, it goes to the "Accessing memory card slot" part, then starts to flick between two boxes fast and it continues like that indefinitely. Video below.

I've been playing this game non-stop since last night (the saves are working and all, everything is fantastic), and just earlier when I tried to save again, that happened. I rebooted PCSX2 and it happened again. Restarted my laptop but to no avail. I tested other games (Ace Combat 5 and Zero) to check if the memory card got corrupted, but they're loading just fine.

Sponsored links

can you please share the full emulog.txt when you get this error ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think someone else had memory card issues in this game, maybe Ryudo?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-22-2015, 07:38 AM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please share the full emulog.txt when you get this error ?

Here.

If I remember correctly, there was an additional orange line that appeared in the logs when this first happened, and it repeated whenever the boxes flick (so yeah there's a lot). I can't remember the line though, and I can't seem to replicate it again, just that it had something to do with the memory cards.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 6,01 KB / Downloads: 306)
Could you try reproducing the issue on the latest development builds from here ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Quote:memcardErase cmd: 00??

memcardErase cmd: 00??

this is interesting...
What if you make a new memcard, start another game, then save.
Do you get the same problem if you try to reload your game ?

Give a try to latest svn too : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
(03-22-2015, 07:57 AM)ssakash Wrote: Could you try reproducing the issue on the latest development builds from here ?

Tried reproducing it on the latest build you mentioned and yes, it's still there. [Image: 2vja26x.jpg]

(03-22-2015, 08:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote: this is interesting...
What if you make a new memcard, start another game, then save.
Do you get the same problem if you try to reload your game ?

Give a try to latest svn too : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

I created a new memcard and inserted it then I tried doing what you said with Ace Combat 5 (NTSC-U) and the saves worked. I also got the logs from when I saved first, and the log when I rebooted and loaded the save again. I have yet to try this method on the latest build though. I'll post the results later.

Attached Files
.txt   BeforeDuringSave.txt (Size: 7,32 KB / Downloads: 289)
.txt   AfterSave.txt (Size: 4,75 KB / Downloads: 308)
Quote:I created a new memcard and inserted it then I tried doing what you said with Ace Combat 5 (NTSC-U) and the saves worked.
I thought we were talking about Shining force exa ? Blink
(03-22-2015, 08:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I thought we were talking about Shining force exa ? Blink

Oh, I thought you meant another "game". Haha my bad. I'll get to it right away.
(03-22-2015, 08:21 AM)Heinrich Wrote: Tried reproducing it on the latest build you mentioned and yes, it's still there.
Try using both full/fast boot individually and check whether the issue persists. and also, make sure to try a new memcard.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction