[Bug Report] Star Ocean 3 [NTCS]
Hello all, i hope you can help me here =(

PCSX2 version: 0.9.7

Description:

K im playing SO3 everything was fine, not even a issue until now, but i have reached a cutscene that after it finish i got a blackscreen and i cant do anyting to make it work evenif i skip or continue, any ideas?

Thanks in advance to all =D

Sponsored links

dont use speedhacks, put clamps higher than normal, use software mode (maybe all together)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(07-05-2010, 06:36 AM)zorronoff Wrote: Hello all, i hope you can help me here =(

PCSX2 version: 0.9.7

Description:

K im playing SO3 everything was fine, not even a issue until now, but i have reached a cutscene that after it finish i got a blackscreen and i cant do anyting to make it work evenif i skip or continue, any ideas?

Thanks in advance to all =D

Don't do a bug report seeking help, do a bug report to help the developers to correct them.

So, read the instructions as to fill the report and do it in the correct forum. Your's is clearly an ask for help and as such it is OK yet incomplete.

I did play this game and didn't get the issue you point, so I can't even imagine what cutscene is that.

You are expected to supply useful informations to help detect the causes.

These useful informations includes:
Your machine specs - CPU and video card (at least)

Emulator's version, the plugins you use, game fixes and speed hacks.

These are the minimal you should provide, and of course a clear description of the problem, not something vague as - everything was fine until I got at that cutscene and boom. Try at least describe the cutscene and it's precedents (things that happened before it).

PS: as a general answer I can only second Iakoboss words, and those are valid for any game, any situation, and must be tried before asking for help.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-05-2010, 06:36 AM)zorronoff Wrote: K im playing SO3 everything was fine, not even a issue until now, but i have reached a cutscene that after it finish i got a blackscreen and i cant do anyting to make it work evenif i skip or continue, any ideas?

PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin Settings? Any kind of errors in the console log? What cutscene? Memcard save?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
K thanks to all, for your help, and sorry about the wrong section, i havent post my pc specs cause i was playing great until this point,
for those who have play the game, after u save ameena cause she collapse at the forest, that cut scene is the one =S, another bad thing that i dont have a near saved memory cause i use savestates, ill post here too, i hope this helps

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YHWE1A7T

machine specs
Core 2 Quad Q8200
3GB RAM
1Gb DDR5 ATI HD 5750

im using only the gamefix to TRI-ACE games and no speed hacks
i tried software mode and nothing =S

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You will definitely need a real savegame. States are not too reliable and the error they may introduce adds up.
If you play the whole game, using like 200 states, there's a huge chance that an unrecoverable error crept in.
Find the next save spot, save there and try the hanging scene again.
Also keep the speed hacks disabled, they're known to cause those hangs in SO3.