[Bug Report] Summoner 2 (PAL-E) [SLES-51141]
That's not what the images show, and right now I'd settle for crappy graphics over hanging. At least I would be able to continue the game and even save.
You see what I use PCSX2 for is developing my own cheats that I can use on my actual PS2 (Since the official cheat devices generally have poor support for what I'm after) - If your wandering about how I get the cheats I use Phaste to identify the start of the PS2 RAM and then copy that address into emulator.cfg of Renegade64 before I then start my searches. I did this for FFXII (UK) as well and finally managed to increase ROOT STATS to 255 (Didn't do all characters because I was lazy)

Edit: I'm gonna try running PCSX2 0.9.2 on my laptop for a short while (just so that I can get the addresses). It's got windows xp sp3 on it, anyone got any config tips for getting the best out of Summoner 2? Don't need to be perfect as long as I can get a chance to use targus.

EditWackotill having problems, tried r3608 (I think it's an unmodified build) on my Desktop Computer. Main things noted from console:
GIFTAG error, size exceeded VU memory size 3ff
microVU1 Warning: Branch in Branch delay slot! [0458]
microVU1 Warning: Branch in Branch delay slot! [04d0]
microVU1 Warning: Branch, Branch, Branch! [0218]

Sponsored links

Okay, so I checked out your dump and I can probably rule out "Branch, Branch, Branch!" as a problem.
That would either instantly break graphics or instantly crash / stall the game.

I did get one hang in the intro while people were talking but I chalked that up to missing blocks in the dump.

The option menu shown in earlier screenshots isn't available in the dump, the blocks are missing.
However, from the looks of it I's suggest you try GSdx in software mode and see if that fixes it (F9 while ingame, then go into the menu).
with ntsc at least it doesn't help any, it still locks up
The F9 suggestion was for the messed up graphics in the options screen.
I can't debug the hanging here, so that research is up to you guys Tongue2
want some dubug logs? I can make those Tongue
I always use GSDX in software mode (it's actually faster than hardware mode), never tried hitting F9 though, I'll give a try next chance I get.

Edit: Tried it, no change. Also tried turning on Anti-Aliasing did nothing to help. Will just have to wait till I either learn C or till someone else fixes the bug then.
The game also locks up at certain dialogue scenes.

Every option menu also makes it lock up as well, in game and out of game.

I've been trying to get this game working for a while but it seems it will be quite a while before it's playable.

On a positive note during the time I was able to play it I was getting a perfect 60 fps with no drops whatsoever...
what certain ones did you run across? so far every one of them has locked it up for me.. (and after the opening scene the video locks up...)
I also had graphic-problems - so I switched back to gsdx 0.1.7. This helps a lot with the graphics (not only in summoner 2), but not with the crashes (options menu; intro cutscene ...). At least I could do 2 fights (by skipping the intro) - until someone swings on board. I don't see a way to skip this crash.
you can skip the words but hitting start and "skip" but it crashes a short while after that dialog.