[Bug Report] TLB Miss when reloading game
PCSX2 Version: PCSX2 1.3.1-20150301175321
CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults
Plugins used: GSdx 20150301175321 (MSVC 18.00) 0.1.16 (hardware, dx11), SPU2-X 20150301175321 2.0.0
Description: When rebooting an ISO, the log is filled with TLB errors. When I did it on Full instead of fast, not only was it filled with errors, the emulator crashed as well.

Log: http://pastebin.com/SrGzarJ4

It doesn't seem to matter which game it is, it's happened with all the games I've tried.

The errors stopped when I disabled widescreen patches. I'm just using the provided patches though, so?
EDIT: There are also no visual differences with ws patches on/off - could the emulator not be loading the patches correctly?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
PCSX2 version: Listed in op.
Specs: 16 GB ram, GeForce 880m gpu, Core i7-4810MQ CPU.
Settings: I've tried all them at default. The problem seems to be caused by enabling widescreen hacks, there are no errors if widescreen patches is disabled. I'm only using the provided widescreen cheats though.
What games: All of them, from what I've seen - I tried Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame 3, and Silent Hill 2. Playing them all from ISO.
It says 112 Widescreen hacks are being loaded, that just can't be right. I looked at the widescreen patch and I definitely think something is wrong. I'd suggest going into the widescreen patch thread and asking if anyone has played the game with WS Patches working successfully.
OK, first off, turns out it was only for the two Fatal Frame games, Silent Hill did not have the error.
Second, Bigbenn, that actually is how many Fatal Frame 3 has. The same TLB miss errors are there for Fatal Frame 1, which only has 13.
Right, I understand that the patch has 112, but I believe that something has gone amiss. TLB issues are bad. I would check this thread out and ask for help there. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...s?page=427
OK, but like I said, this is happening for two different games, and I'm only using the included cheats_ws, no modifications. And the error message only appears when reloading it, not on first load.
try re ripping your iso.

Also, what do you mean by reloading? Are you using savestates?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
No, I mean by using the "Reload Disk (Fast/Full)" button(s) in the PCSX2 menu.

I've tried three different ISOs.
In another topic you mentioned you put the cheats in the wrong folder. Most likely this is why it's happening.

Also, if cheats are active, and you reload the game via Fast/Full Boot, it can easily result in those TLB errors. I have that occurring in some games as well when I restart the game with cheats already activated. Generally in -that- case it doesn't mean much, assuming they're proper cheats, but if you really want to be on the safe side you can restart PCSX2. (And yes, even correct cheats can cause TLB errors when you perform a game reboot like that).

[Edit]
Quote:The errors stopped when I disabled widescreen patches. I'm just using the provided patches though, so?
EDIT: There are also no visual differences with ws patches on/off - could the emulator not be loading the patches correctly?

This again makes me believe you simply switched the folders around again by accident.

Game cheats go in cheats
Widescreen patches go in cheats_ws

Double check your pnach files and make sure they are in the correct spots.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)