[Bug Report] Tales of Destiny [NTSC]
While changing screens, music plays fine, but instead of loading the screen usually stays black. I.e. if you try to enter a city, the music changes, but you are left with a black screen.

Its hard to post screenshots in this case because the only thing that you can see is... black xD

My configuration:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33 (each CPU)
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
Sound: Realtek HD Audio Output

Pcsx2 0.9.6
GSdx 890 (SSSE3) 0.1.14
P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
LilyPad 0.9.9
Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0

Changing SPU plugin changes nothing, same with GPU and Drive plugins. Any ideas?

Sponsored links

I don't get that error however I noticed with rev 1002 the game will not start unless the INTC speedhack is enabled it didn't happen in rev571 or quite a few later revision but I overwrote the late revisions. Also there is still the issues of sound dropping in and out but I'm pretty sure that's the sound plug-in as it varies where it drops from plug-in to plug-in.
Uhm, just checking out but you did select the appropriate gamefix, right?
I think i managed to create a movie-skip patch for ToDR, however would be grateful if someone could guide me in the direction of pre-made gamefixes for this game (i havent found them on the forums, i searched through patches as well).
uh.. sorry but you now, configuration->gamefix->enable the one for tales of destiny?
That gamefix is only for a specific screen in the lategame, where you get stuck if it's disabled. The screen going black is an unrelated bug.
I think this bug is related to the sound : each time you re in a zone with sounds loading in the background(not music) it seems harder for the emu to reload the zone after a battle.

This bug happens regardless of the speedhacks/fix you re using.
It can happens nearly anytime (after fight too) i usually just savestate after each battle et before enterning a new screen Smile
Same happens with fmv if you do not skip them.
Well it didnt stop me to finish this game and being on 4th playthrough Smile

PS : this bug exist too on the superior version of TODr -> TOD : Director Cut
Yeah there seems to be a lot of issues related to sound in this game it drops out in movies and in game. Sometimes you get the music just drops out but the battle voices are fine and of course the sound dropping is usually the precursor to the movie dieing. The good thing about the latest version it seems if you press start when the movie freezes it skips it unlike the earlier versions which you had to skip before the fmv stopped or you'd just get a black screen.
@Krakatos: Im using Pcsx2 0.9.6 and in the gamefixes section i have two gamefixes, both unrelated to ToDR.

Funny thing is, the game never hung on me after a fight... only while traversing screens. On PeoPS SPU the sound never drops, not even when the black screen shows up. Strange thing, that.
(04-18-2009, 07:56 PM)RyuMizuchi Wrote: @Krakatos: Im using Pcsx2 0.9.6 and in the gamefixes section i have two gamefixes, both unrelated to ToDR.

Funny thing is, the game never hung on me after a fight... only while traversing screens. On PeoPS SPU the sound never drops, not even when the black screen shows up. Strange thing, that.

the music will drop little by little even with PeoPS if you dont have 60 fps constant, for exemple if you go in the menu and do some re-rise of the item for some minutes u ll heard the music drop little by little (of course if u have constant 60 fps in the menu while u do that the music will stay on)