[Bug Report] Victorious Boxers Ippo's Road to Glory [NTSC-U]
# Pcsx2 version:official 0.9.6 ;official beta1888 also tried with 0.9.7 r2881 beta all default(no speed hacks)

# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on

#Speed Hacks off

# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.15 or zerogs 0.9.7, spuX2 1.4.0 or zerospu 0.46

# Description: Games hangs after a Fight. Sometimes it hangs after it Saves to mem card , but most often it hangs before it saves.
# Game hangs when pressing Start button during a fight
Game is Very playable besides these bugs..Cool

# Note: The screen is black at the start of the game and START must be pushed to get to the Game Screen.
During rounds there is a long pause before you fight. Game is slow on first fight. due to some mirror effects, but speed is good there after.

intel duo core p7450 @2.13 4 gigs ram windows7 64 bit
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*

Sponsored links

Has anyone had a look at getting this game past its after fight freezes? It a great game and apart from the freeze between fights it near perfect. i can confirm it still freezes after a fight on new builds 9.8 and all svn`s
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
Have you tried all the special game fixes yet? Also try to run the game in GSdx software mode and check out different clamp and round mode options.
Chances are good that one of these can fix the issue.
I'd test it using a normal fight and pressing start. Whenever this is fixed, I bet the other bug is too.
Thanks for your answer Rama. Just finished testing it. Tried 20 different combinations for clamp/ round mode tested 80 different combo`s all up and it didnt help. Tried going through the game fixes 1 by 1 but none work.
What is interesting though. Pressing the start button no longer freezes the game during the first round, though it will on the second round , but this freeze usually occurs at a random interval. I can press start repeatedly without problems, however eventually it will freeze the game
But considering in older builds you couldn't press start at all without locking the game this is a definite improvement
However after the match is over and usually after the autosave feature ,the menu asks if you want to save the replay data, Pressing yes or no will end the same, screen goes black and game freeze
Msi GF-62VR
Okay, that sounds like we should take a look.
Might take a while though until I find someone that has the game.
Hello,

Any progress on getting this game to work?

I am experiencing the same issues: game freezes after fights and if u press start button after first round. The problems are manageable up to a certain point. This is because of the games autosave feature. So once it freezes u just need to load the autosave.

Around half way through the game on the fight against Ryuhei Sawamura. The game freezes before it can autosave. Thus you are stuck.
You just answered your own question ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

well, im stuck on the one fight where it always freezes before the autosave :<
As we noted a while ago, bug is still present on latest git.
(04-23-2010, 07:47 AM)omnikam Wrote: # Pcsx2 version:official 0.9.6 ;official beta1888 also tried with 0.9.7 r2881    beta all default(no speed hacks) 

# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on

#Speed Hacks off

# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.15 or zerogs 0.9.7, spuX2 1.4.0 or zerospu 0.46

# Description: Games hangs after a Fight. Sometimes it hangs after it Saves to mem card , but most often it hangs before it saves.
# Game hangs when pressing Start button during a fight
Game is Very playable besides these bugs..Cool

# Note: The screen is black at the start of the game and START must be pushed to get to the Game Screen.
During rounds there is a long pause before you fight. Game is slow on first fight. due to some mirror effects, but speed is good there after.

intel duo core p7450 @2.13 4 gigs ram windows7 64 bit

Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl Excl
Boys, you´re gonna love me (I´m a girl don´t worry) Laugh 
I had the same issues with this game and one simple thing fixed it. In speedhacks allow  - enable FAST CDVD
No freezes no bugs anymore. I played this game till the end. Suprisingly it has a little sad story in the end wow. I realized that  17 years had passed since I played this game for the first time. I feel sooo old LOL. Have a nice day guys Smile