[Bug Report] Videos in Atelier Iris 1 and 2 are extremly slow
I think this is known problem and I don't know which one is the reason for the low speed(pcsx2 or the video plugin).

With GSdx r962 and r1006 in DX9HW the speed is really slow(5-10fps)but in SW mode it's 30 and up.With ZeroGS and OGL the speed is faster than GSdx in HW mode but not as fast as on GSdx SW mode.Also with GSdx 1.7 the speed on HW mode is the same as on ZeroGS/OGL.

I'm using the newest beta with default settings and no sound and no hacks.On both games in game I get 70-210fps with hacks(not all)

Sponsored links

this isnt the support section. moving
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-27-2009, 03:18 PM)refraction Wrote: this isnt the support section. moving

Well I wasn't asking for support but just reporting about this problem Smile
Use GSDX Software Mode. However, I'm positive your computer won't be able to handle that based on the processor, therefore this game will be unplayable for you. Just know that the bug is fixed by using Software Mode Tongue
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(04-27-2009, 03:58 PM)With Teeth Wrote: Use GSDX Software Mode. However, I'm positive your computer won't be able to handle that based on the processor, therefore this game will be unplayable for you. Just know that the bug is fixed by using Software Mode Tongue

Those game are 100% playable in HW mode even on my PC except movies.
Try the old 1.7 version of gsdx it works for me (don't tested too far though).
(04-27-2009, 03:25 PM)vsub Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 03:18 PM)refraction Wrote: this isnt the support section. moving

Well I wasn't asking for support but just reporting about this problem Smile

fair enough but you didnt even read the sticky telling you how to report the bug properly ;p however speed is not a bug.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Right, this is a normal GSdx hw rendering problem where some routine it uses is slow.
Can't see anything wrong with using software rendering on this game though.
It's not using the VUs at all (so very fast), and in sw mode it even looks better (no filtering glitches).

So no need to use the hardware mode.
Actually, There's some slowdown here and there (not the beginning) with software rendering, even in this game.
It's best to switch between the two with F9, I believe.
(04-27-2009, 04:17 PM)vsub Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 03:58 PM)With Teeth Wrote: Use GSDX Software Mode. However, I'm positive your computer won't be able to handle that based on the processor, therefore this game will be unplayable for you. Just know that the bug is fixed by using Software Mode Tongue

Those game are 100% playable in HW mode even on my PC except movies.

Yes, and I was giving you a solution to fix the movies...
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\