[Bug Report] WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 [PAL]
I've done a bit more testing today and i found the cause of the screen tearing. This one was my fault really because i forgot to leave everything as default settings. I changed the aspect ratio to widescreen instead of leaving it as standard. So i changed it back and the screen tearing disappeared on OpenGL hardware mode. Actually I tried it with D3D11 hardware as well with widescreen enabled and I didn't get any screen tearing. Also, just to let you know, the screen tearing didn't show up when i took a screenshot or even after filming using fraps.

Sponsored links

tearing appears only in widescreen mode? Is this 100% reproducible?
Can you please check what happens if you use widescreen aspect ratio but disable widescreen hacks?

I don't think you can capture tearing easily btw. It's like screenshoting a dead pixel.
Its definitely reproducible, you don't even have to get into the gameplay to notice it as it shows during the raw or smackdown intro video, which you can watch before you get to the main menu.

When you say disable widescreen hacks, do you mean the Enable Widescreen Patches option in the system menu? because that's the only other option i see for widescreen and i've never used it, or is there some other options I don't know about?
Does it only happen in widescreen aspect ratio of PCSX2 or also in Fit to window/screen?
(12-17-2015, 01:06 AM)lechuck Wrote: Its definitely reproducible, you don't even have to get into the gameplay to notice it as it shows during the raw or smackdown intro video, which you can watch before you get to the main menu.

When you say disable widescreen hacks, do you mean the Enable Widescreen Patches option in the system menu? because that's the only other option i see for widescreen and i've never used it, or is there some other options I don't know about?

That's the one I meant.

There is another option emulation settings -> gs window -> aspect ratio (AR).

Can you please check all four possibilities: WideScreenHack = (WSH)

WSH-On, AR-16:9
WSH-Off, AR-16:9
WSH-On, AR-4:3,
WSH-Off, AR-4:3,

And as already suggested AR has a third option 'Fit to screen'. What happens if you choose that?
So I found the screen tearing only occurred when the game was in fullscreen mode on both Fit to Screen and Widescreen 16:9 ARs, with WSH on and off. There was no screen tearing when I ran the game in a window or when I did any of the Standard 4:3 AR tests.
Okay, so we're good on the proper emulation side but there's screen tearing with an external WS patch applied.
This is a bug that should go to the patching thread then. This original bug should be fixed, right?
No its not the hack. The aspect ratio triggers the tearing. And it only happens in fullscreen.
Yes the original bug has definitely been fixed, thanks a lot.

Willkuer is right, I should have made that clearer, the screen tearing happens regardless of whether the WSH is applied or not.
Well, if you only mean the PCSX2 setting of 4:3, 16:9, etc, then that is just resizing the GSdx output.
No emulation related processing is involved.