[Bug Report] Xenosaga I [NTSC]
# Playground version: PCSX2 R455
# Cpu: EERec on, VUrecs on, MTGS mode on
# Plugins used:
Gsdx 0.1.14
Linuz CDVDIso 0.8.0
ZeroSPU2 0.4.6 (also tried with SPU2GHZ 1.90)
# Description: Some save points work fine, however trying to save at other save points immediately resets the game. I'm not really sure why.

Sponsored links

Known issue,and one of the strangest.Happens in all PCSX2 versions too
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Sorry to bring this topic back, but I want to know: is there any news about this issue? None of the devs seems to working specifically on this and its a very old issue as far as I know. I'm not complaining, btw. Just want to know if is there any news about this. And thanks very much for all the work that has been done. Smile

Sorry for my bad english.
No news, just that we know what causes it.
Don't expect a fix though, it would mean breaking many other games most likely :/
Oh, thanks rama. I'm glad that save states works pretty well. I can live with that, so no big deal.Smile And btw, thanks very much for the recent Xenosaga boost perfomance. I really appreciated that.

Sorry for my bad english.
Later on you'll get to working save spots again Smile
its actually random , not all save spots later in game work , so eheh do a save state before attempting to do a normal save Wink
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
# pcsx2 version: beta 1059
# Plugins used:
Graphics Plugin: GSdx 1076 (MSVC 15.00,SSEE 3) 0.1.15
CD/DVD Plugin: Linuz CDVDIso 0.8.0
Sound Plugin: SPU2-X 1.1.0
# Description: On 1 Disc after searching for the commander on the planet that hold a grudge against the military(forgot the name). You may leave the planet. First you see a Video of the ships departure, then you see the intro movie. I let it play through and it crashed. Second time i skipped the movie then i am ingame again, but no background. Everything is black, i can see the radar and use the menu. Anyone heared of this bug before?
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz
Video Card: XFX Geforce 9800 GTX+ PCI-E 512MB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus P5Q
Memory: Corsair Dominator 2 x 2 GB DDR2 1066 MHz
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700 LED
PSU: Enermax PRO 82+ (525W ATX12V v2.3)
(05-07-2009, 03:30 PM)tamill Wrote: # pcsx2 version: beta 1059
# Plugins used:
Graphics Plugin: GSdx 1076 (MSVC 15.00,SSEE 3) 0.1.15
CD/DVD Plugin: Linuz CDVDIso 0.8.0
Sound Plugin: SPU2-X 1.1.0
# Description: On 1 Disc after searching for the commander on the planet that hold a grudge against the military(forgot the name). You may leave the planet. First you see a Video of the ships departure, then you see the intro movie. I let it play through and it crashed. Second time i skipped the movie then i am ingame again, but no background. Everything is black, i can see the radar and use the menu. Anyone heared of this bug before?

I have the exact same problem, using pretty much the same settings. (tried on both 0.9.6 and the newest beta 1736)
Are there any workarounds?
The game has no disc 2. It was a DVD9 game. You are using some pirated downloaded DVD5 rips for which you will get no support here and for which we will not accept any bug reports.
Not closing since opening issue is still true.
Edit: Just checked with r2056 and save points work fine. Moving to resolved
[Image: newsig.jpg]